How far North/South have you travelled?

I was looking at my World map today and realised that although I have travelled quite a bit, I have not travelled below the equator.

The furthest South I have been is to Southern Sri Lanka.

The furthest North I have been is Tromso, Norway which is in the Arctic circle.

The furthest North I have been in the UK is Dornoch in Scotland.

Anyone been to Iceland or Greenland, or perhaps even the South pole? :wink:

1 Like

Does an overnight stopover in Iceland count?

Furthest south - New Zealand.

I’ve been to Finland, South Africa, Taiwan in the east and Victoria Island off the west coast of Canada.

And a few other places in between. Quite a few, actually.

Yes definitely counts. :-p

I have never traveled anywhere outside the UK, except once to France on the ferry. I have been to a lot of places in England & Wales though.

North: Italian Dolomites
South: Belize

Visited Labrador and that is the furthest north I have been. I’ve not travelled far south, Tenerife is probably the furthest.

Brazil - Argentina- Egypt-Tunisia-Spain-China- Norway -Sicily - America- the The Baltic states ie Russia Germany- Latvia etc etc- Brittany-Belgium-|Greece- Caribbean countries- those around the med sea.
Oh and been to Northern Ireland -Skye- and John-o-Groats in the UK

Next is Japan for next year (deposit paid).

Go so many more places we want to go to see yet

Memo to me

MUST GET OUT MORE

A little about my travels. I’m an electrical engineer with experience mostly in large industrial control systems. After I completed my degree, I was offered the position of development/commissioning engineer by a company manufacturing such systems.

I was young and single so free to travel. Most of it was for commissioning and troubleshooting. That took me all sort of places. Down a coalmine in Scotland, gold mines in South Africa, up the jungle in Malaysia, Hong Kong dockside, ice breakers on the frozen Great Lakes in Canada. Even the Sahara Desert. That was awesome, mind boggling.

Not many on the typical tourist agenda. But a lifetime of experiences.

South. Isle of Wight
North. St andrews

Beamish, Durham - North.

Lanzarote - South.

North -Lerwick the Shetland isles
South -New Zealand

Interesting reading all your answers. Come on, someone must have been to the Antarctic. :wink:

North - Sioux Saint Marie, Ontario

South - Florida

My cousin’s other half did the Antarctic marathon earlier this year. And he is sixty something.

I have flown over it from New Zealand to Argentina over the South Pole .
Looks cold brrrr!

I’m impressed. Actually I love the idea of spending time in such a barren landscape.

Was Belize a holiday Floydy?

It’s full of hungry Polar Bears !

Ha ha. True! :lol: