How far do you trust your doctor?

It’s funny but the pioneers of medical science didn’t do any of that… ironic that doctors swear on a Hippocratic oath - is that hypocritical?

Only if they’re naturopaths!

Hippocrates would have been a naturopath

I think that, at student level, there is an urge to become something which is highly respected, properly managed, properly reimbursed.

In the case of Doctors, I think the respect, by the community, has been diminishing for quite a while.

Each new move seems to make the Doctor less visible, less respected.

Bringing in so many foreign Doctors, from less wealthy Countries, has not helped.

There are better options, for the ambitious student, in Hi Tech, and other areas.

I think that practice Doctors are now perceived as “Help Desk” operators, i.e. get on line and read out the possibilities.

They are not taking the public along with them.

Some publicity work would help!

just seen on the news a young Japanese Dr going around to his covid patients houses in a little car treating them because there are no hospital beds available for them . Such dedication.

is there a video link? I’d love to see how he is treating them out of a car

He calls his patients first to see if they are still alive . He and his nurse don their PPE in the street . He than goes into their houses examining them taking them oxygen and medication . He comes out in the street takes off his used PPE and puts it in a plastic bag.
His stethoscope is hosed down with sanitizer he then goes on to the next one and does the same .

In the UK oxygen in the home is considered a danger because it can just as easily kill a patient. That’s why they were monitoring BJ so often last year. Increasing and decreasing oxygen.

You could always write to the dedicated young Japanese Dr and tell him .

Why would I want to?

Where did you get that info Annie? The NHS arranged for my mother to have a permanent supply of oxygen to help her breathing. They even arranged for men come to the house and make it easy for her to use the supply when she needed it in bed.

Hi

Some of the figures for GPs pay on this thread are much lower than reality.

Around £100k is normal for a partner, with some locally earning double that.

They would not do it for OH’s mum. She had COPD which in the end killed her. A long list of reasons was given including the risk of overdose. I guess it is also expensive although that was not mentioned.

What a shame! I think they give you instructions on how often to use it & tell you to call 999 if it isn’t helping your breathing, but I suppose people will use it too much when their breathing is difficult. :cry:
My mum never had trouble with hers & we made sure that nobody ever smoked in the house… always wise when there is oxygen in the house.

Perhaps different health authorities. I’m sure that some are better than others, though that should certainly not be the case.

This was in Wales so perhaps they have different guidelines?

They have doctors in Wales? :astonished:

They all used to play rugby for Wales in the 70’s when they were good,:slight_smile:

I will wait for @Rhian to answer that!

No. Don’t tell her. Please. :scream: