How do you like your steak?

A post was split to a new topic: Anyone tried to sous vide steaks?

I am having steak tonight and l like mine cooked, medium.
I will have it with chips, peas, mushrooms, my own homemade onion rings and a little salad.
I may even open a bottle of red wineā€¦

2 Likes

on a plate ready to eat. :rofl:

2 Likes

You not making some peppercorn sauce? Shallot, peppercorns, stock, cream or milk with thickened, plus the juice from the steak?

I tried to buy green peppercorns to make a sauce but could find every other colour peppercorn but not greenā€¦ which l preferred.
Morrisonā€™s used to give out free peppercorn butters which were lovely but they stopped doing themā€¦Grrrrr.

I have a bag of BĆ©arnaise sauce in my freezer but thereā€™s too much for one and would take ages to defrost

1 Like

Just shove some HP Brown Sauce on it and you are good to go! :+1:

2 Likes

@Artangel ā€œToo much for oneā€
Chop in half wiv a chopper , put half back in the freezer and use the
uvver arf ?? Simple!! :+1::roll_eyes::+1:

I keep my axe clean for murders! :laughing:

Good idea though, Donkeyman.

1 Like

My wife was hell bent on cooking a recipe with green peppercorns in it a few years ago. The only way was to buy 6 jars from Amazon, assuming weā€™d probably get round to using them at some pointā€¦ Ended up throwing 5 jars away long after their BB date.

Typical.

1 Like

Oh No, thatā€™s awful.
I would have kept using them! Is it possible to freeze them? I have just googled itā€¦

*Whole peppercorns will last a lifetime, but ground pepper will only keep for around three months.
If you want a more pronounced pepper flavor, try freezing it!

No idea. They lay in their jars in a cupboard until the banging of the drums and the march of the little soldier (ie me) took them to their final resting place.

1 Like

I like mine almost cremated.

@brokenvows , You should only do that if itā€™s got plenty of fat around
the steak!! Mumm ! :+1::+1:

1 Like

WOW !!! you should at least wait you impatient little cannibal. :innocent:

Donā€™t those poor animals moo, yell & squeal when you start chewing into their raw flesh ??

I guess that sun on its back goes partway to it being cooked, but even getting your fangs into that sunny area, it would still have to be the rarest of the rarest of any steak Iā€™ve ever heard of.

Do you take a plate, knife & fork out into the paddock or just stand up close to the cow & start chewing hard before the poor creature gets a chance to run away.?

This is beginning to remind me more & more of a particular Count Dracula who apparently showed similar tendencies. :077: :105: :103:

1 Like

Very well done for me and Iā€™d add approaching incineration. All of my cooked meat is always well cooked and anyone who wants it bloody will be shown the door.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always had it well done but have come around to medium.

Curse this topicā€¦ Iā€™m sitting here drinking coffee dreaming of steak, mushrooms, chips, peas, red wine and itā€™s still only breakfast time!

1 Like

cooked by someone else preferably??

If Iā€™m ever invited to your gaff Iā€™ll be seriously considering the veggie option :wink:

feature-b-angry-chef_75807937

1 Like

In that case youā€™ll have to bring your own food as my establishment does not operate a veggie only menu :grin:

1 Like