How do you like your steak?

Looking at this chart it appears I like blue rare, rare and medium rare - what about you?

How do you like your steak? (Pick up to three options)
  • Blue Rare
  • Rare
  • Medium Rare
  • Medium
  • Medium Well
  • Well Done
  • Don’t care - I’ll eat it however it is cooked!
  • I don’t eat steak!

0 voters

the nicest steak is still walking around a lush field

3 Likes

Took the words right out of my mouth … I prefer chicken anyway. Eating steak just seems too bloody and carnivorous.

1 Like

It does depend. If I’m cooking it myself we like it rare.

Eating out I usually have it medium rare because if you ask for rare sometimes they just threaten it with the frying pan and serve it up raw

2 Likes

I like to taste the blood, and it needs a bit of fat round the edges !
My favourite cuts are rib eye, sirloin and rump ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That made me shudder :laughing:

2 Likes

@Morticia lf you want to shudder, you should see me fangs !! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I think rib eye is the best :+1:

1 Like

@Maree “Rib eye best”
Yeah, but it depends if lm drinking wine or beer and if lm cooking for
Meself ?? :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Medium rare.

2 Likes

@Azz , I’ve noticed that you’ve got a bit of a thing about steak. Couple of weeks ago, you mentioned it as a way of saving money. Next week you’ll suggest we buy a cow, harness it onto a large hamster wheel and generate electricity from it.

Any other suggestions for things to do with one of our bovine friends, please add :wink::grin:

Edit- @Vlad, behave!!:wink:

2 Likes

I’m Welsh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well, that explains it ! Welsh Rarebit !

1 Like

I haven’t had a piece of steak for years! But beef in general I prefer well done, which is why I always refuse it in a carvery. It always looks underdone.

2 Likes

I like it on the hoof munching grass with the sun on its back

3 Likes

Waitress, ‘how would you like your steak Sir?’
Vlad, ‘ Take the horns off, wipe its arse and throw it on the plate love’

2 Likes

I haven’t had it for years.

2 Likes

2 Likes

My preference is ‘saignant’ as is described here is France - which is rare. In fact because meat in France is rarely hung it is best to err towards rare, otherwise the steak can seem tough. I’m always surprised when people moan about tough steaks in France but also insist on ‘bien cuit’ cooking. And don’t learn for next time.
As a side note, it shouldn’t be shocking or surprising to have a bloody steak. It is after all a lump of meat. Is it not trying to avoid the reality of what you are eating if you want no sight of blood?

1 Like

There is nothing worse than over cooked meat.

1 Like