How do you like your eggs? (poll)

You can still get a runny yolk with over easy. Some people want their egg white to be firm. With sunny side up, you’d have to balance how done you want the white balanced with how runny you want the yolk because the heat is only coming from one side.

I always fry on both sides and find you get a good result if once you flip it over put a lid on the frying pan and turn the heat low or off.
Keeps a soft yolk but no runny white.

1 Like

:warning::warning: I do too - nice - BUT :warning::warning: be VERY CAREFUL as they can easily explode in your face without warning after opening the oven.

1 Like

Hopefully, I don’t have to ask you how you know.

1 Like

With a Kiss :+1:

1 Like

so romantic. Hope you have some heart shaped egg frying equipment for when you prepare your valentines breakfast for Mrs LD

Exactly! So delicious and easy to make. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Her breakfast will be the same as every other day, or the chef, me, will receive the ‘stare’. Looking after a disabled wife does have its challenges :wink:

1 Like

Perhaps this would help?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CCHAMP-hilarious-birthday-bachelor-decoration/dp/B0BW6378ZF

1 Like

She has an excellent memory, so this old giant doesn’t need any props :grin::wink::+1:

1 Like

Eggs Benedict. That’s my favourite egg dish. But the yolk must not be too runny.

2 Likes

Poached eggs on toast but I am an egg lover so about anything
goes, except a sloppy runny yukky egg. LOL

1 Like

Very rarely like eggs by themselves. Although a mushroom omelette with chips is favourite.

1 Like

There’s also ‘coddled’ eggs cooked in a egg coddler, I remember a friend get a pair of coddlers forher wedding present (many moons ago) and didn’t have a clue what they were for

1 Like

Stick your Eggs in the Giant Hadron Coddler :smile:

Hmmm… egg curry, I’d almost forgotten about it. I can’t help wondering if it’s a dish that’s gone out of vogue? It used to be quite popular back in the day as I remember. It might just be time to go for a bit of a revival this weekend!

2 Likes

The Egg in my weekly Tandoori Murghi Keema is always well anticipated!

Blimey … Curried Eggs - a blast from the past.

Current recipes seem to favour them whole but I recall them being halved:

:yum:

2 Likes

Ah…thank you Omah, yes I had the feeling it was a bit of a retro thing but wasn’t quite sure.

2 Likes

Even more retro (before our time):

2 Likes