How do you like your eggs? (poll)

I see I am the only one choosing steamed.
Steamed with ham and cheese or with soya sauce and sea food ( crab or tiny shrimps) are very delicious and fluffy.

1 Like

Is that like chawanmushi? Used to be one of my favorite foods.

I can have eggs any way, provided they are cooked sufficiently. Can’t stand snotty eggs.

2 Likes

I was disappointed with no omelette option. You can make a delicious omelette with just one egg. There is a Saturday kitchen live cooking show here in the UK where they used to have a competition in how fast guest presenters/chefs could make this type of omelette. There was a scoreboard in how many seconds it took.

2 Likes

Well, I had to put other because I like them fried, but neither sunnyside up or over easy, I like them gently basted on the top :fried_egg:

1 Like

sunny side up has always confused me. How is that not fried? What is “over easy”? and is basted any different than fried? - to me there are five ways to have eggs

1. fried
  2. scrambled
  3. Omelette
  4. boiled
  5. poached

NB perhaps time to move this thread to the “controversial” section? :wink: :smiley:

3 Likes

Scrambled, mainly…
Next…poached (included in a dish that requires that).
“Over easy”, if no other option… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Fried is usually crispy on the edges but can overlap with sunny side up and over easy since as you say, they’re all sort of a version of cooked in a pan with some oil or non stick ingredient, but fried eggs generally have more oil in the pan that makes the edges crispy. Scrambled eggs are also generally cooked in a pan with some type of oil or non-stick.

Untitled

Sunny side up is only cooked on one side. Over easy is flipped and cooked on both sides.

Untitled

“Generally basted means liquid or steam is used to thoroughly cook the egg white without flipping.”

Spanish fried eggs are basted with hot oil as they’re fried.

3 Likes

I would NEVER use oil for scrambled eggs:

2 Likes

The butter is the non-stick ingredient in that. You could use a non stick pan, but it would have to be a good one.

I never add milk to scrambled eggs. I used to do this before I realised they are so much nicer with just butter. Melt a generous scoop of butter. put in the egg/eggs, wait a very short time and then stir. Serve while still slightly runny with some yolk and oozingly mixed with the melted butter.

2 Likes

I have dry-fried scrambled egg for my dog in the past. It’s possible but takes out all the fun of yummy melted butter for humans.

2 Likes

Over easy to me is just fried on both sides, although I don’t understand why anyone wants to miss out on the yolk. I like the idea of basting in hot oil, might try it. I’ve never heard of it before.

There is something called “egg in a cup” over here where you microwave egg and butter in a cup. Then dip in bread soldiers.

1 Like

You can still get a runny yolk with over easy. Some people want their egg white to be firm. With sunny side up, you’d have to balance how done you want the white balanced with how runny you want the yolk because the heat is only coming from one side.

I always fry on both sides and find you get a good result if once you flip it over put a lid on the frying pan and turn the heat low or off.
Keeps a soft yolk but no runny white.

1 Like

:warning::warning: I do too - nice - BUT :warning::warning: be VERY CAREFUL as they can easily explode in your face without warning after opening the oven.

1 Like

Hopefully, I don’t have to ask you how you know.

1 Like

With a Kiss :+1:

2 Likes

so romantic. Hope you have some heart shaped egg frying equipment for when you prepare your valentines breakfast for Mrs LD

Exactly! So delicious and easy to make. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like