How Do You Cut Your Slice Of Toast?

Yes, l know, it’s a silly question but here goes…

You’ve toasted your slice of bread… now do you cut it in half straight across, or diagonally?
Would you own up to cutting it up into ‘soldiers’ to go with your boiled egg?
Today, l cut my slice of toast diagonally, just for a change… well you know the old saying… ‘A change is better than a rest’!

So l ask and l hope you will join me in this frivolity and tell me how you cut your slice/s of toast?
Oh by the way…do any of you put your slices of toast in a toast rack? A silver one would be impressive!

Normally just in half, but if its with a boiled egg then cut into soilders, or anyone coming for breakfast then in triangles.

1 Like

Oh, always triangles and of course I have soldiers, crusts cut off!

1 Like

Oh…what? people cut their toast? :astonished: Gosh I am so uncouth…I just toast, spread, and eat. I don’t have time to faff around with cutting it.

Having said that, I would appreciate it if someone presented me with dainty triangles in a silver toast rack…that would be posh :smiley:

4 Likes

Like she says :rofl: :point_up_2:

1 Like

I cut mine diagonally,cannot be faffed with a toast rack,just more to wash up.
And i can`t remember the last time i had a boiled egg.

1 Like

does no one have the machine, the bread goes in at one end, then comes out the other end, toasted, buttered, jammed, and cut into four squares, and drops onto the plate on the tray at the side of your cup of tea, simples !!

2 Likes

At one time, many couples got a toast rack as a wedding present!!

1 Like

Toast in triangles, sandwiches in half sideways. Triangle toast is easier to eat with less crumbs on my mouth/face.

1 Like

I cut my toast diagonally - unless it’s to eat eat with boiled egg or tomato soup, when I cut it into soldiers to dip in.

No toast rack - I like toast hot so I butter it liberally and eat it as soon as it’s been toasted.

1 Like

I always cut my toast in triangles but Mr M insists on his toast or sandwiches are cut in half. Men, pfft! :grinning:

1 Like

Ah… but what would you have on it, being posh and all?

2 Likes

I don’t slice my toast.

1 Like

And why not, you’ve just solved all my Christmas present list issues Artangel.
A toast rack for all, much more fun than socks!

1 Like

Unsliced with Lurpak !

1 Like

I cut mine in half straight across …usually have butter and marmalade on it

1 Like

I would have some fat free yoghurt, honey, and chia seeds sprinkled on it. I do that with bagels sometimes when I’m not being lazy. I’m very low maintenance :joy:

2 Likes

I wish I could afford toast…:thinking:

3 Likes

Quite , and that’s just for breakfast?
I’m more Paddington, slap on some chunky marmalade, hot coffee, tea, fresh orange juice, fried bread, sausages and bacon and a couple of bloody Mary’s, more coffee and then off to work. :+1:

2 Likes

Now see, chunky marmalade is not for me…I like it smooth and spreadable. Hot coffee et al, yes (minus the meat stuff) Oh wait…bloody marys?? Whats that?

2 Likes