How do I stop this gate from freezing?

Hey you, where’s the advice?:lol:

The ladies came up trumps!..:-p:-p…I know who to ask in future,:lol::lol::mrgreen:

Move somewhere warmer? My gates never freeze.

Bruce, I would love to live in Australia, such a beautiful country, but, my uncle told me too many stories about them creepy crawlies!.:shock:

It certainly beats this country for its weather, absolutely freezing here!!:slight_smile:

Did the hairdryer work pauline? :069:

Sorry,my darling,I forgot about you, I dare not try that,OGF, I may get electrocuted in the process, then you’d have no one to argue with!..

Story of my life pauline…:022:

Sorry, it was late last night.:lol: I didn’t think wooden gates could freeze.

The ladies trumped did they? I suppose that would melt the ice. :lol::lol:

My advice would be to stop the gate touching the frame by attaching something to the frame as a spacer. Perhaps one of those little felt pads or something like that. If the surfaces are not touching, they can’t stick together. Of course, if the gate is getting stuck because it is tight up against the post, then that wouldn’t work and would need to be planed.

Thanks LD…why did he put it right up against the post,I guess I should be asking him that…anyway,I’m off to spray it with WD 40 as it’s starting to freeze.:-p

If it’s right up against the post, it probably wasn’t to start with but has swollen in the damp cold weather. :wink:

Yes, I made that point a few posts back…

That’s true,LD, it must have swollen,I have put some WD 40 on it,I’m going to smear the side in Vaseline as well.:-p

:shock::lol::lol:

Do you know why they call it ‘WD40’ pauline…?

WD stands for ‘Water Displacement’
And there were several experimental versions to see which one worked the best to reduce moisture.
39 samples failed!
It’s true honest…:wink:

Not a lot of people know that - but I did in this case…:slight_smile:

…I looked it up, how to stop a wooden gate from freezing at the side…plus, it was the best answer…

WD stands for…Works Dunnit…that’s the truth honest!

:081:

As we 40 is used to displace water, it used to be used on older cars with distributors that used to suffer from damp and were hard to start, the Aussie version was better named though
“ start ya bastard”

Yes I remember using it regularly on my old Mini’s Primus…
I can well believe that of the Aussies…
People have been known to use it for relief from arthritis…:shock: