How do I stop this gate from freezing?

You could wrap lagging around the area that sticks, or bandage it up.

I can’t wrap anything around it,Tiff, as it’s just the inside of the gate length , all the way down ,as you open it,

Thanks for the advice though.:slight_smile:

Have you got an extension cable Pauline?
Use a hair dryer…Yes?

Global Warming, if nothing else will reduce these frustrations, maybe.

Perhaps just insulate the gate with newspaper articles on the subject?

I can’t see the gate. it’s pitch black but I suppose it is night time. :-p

Who wants to Faff, like that?

Anyone with a gate that keeps freezing. :-p:-p

Swop it for a wooden one, those just rot like mine is.:lol:

Anything to get rid of most newspapers these days :lol:.

Ah, I can see it now, just tilted my screen slightly.

How about car windscreen defroster, that would probably melt the ice as it does on a windscreen. Not sure about the lasting capabilities of that though, usually it’s only used the once on a windscreen. It might be good for freeing the gate initially so that it opens though. :wink: :slight_smile:

Tiff, my darling, if you had read my OP, you would have seen, it is a wooden gate, I mentioned it quite a few times,:lol::lol::wink:

I was thinking windscreen defroster,Baz,as well, I have quite a few items to buy.:slight_smile: thank you for that,

Pixie knuckle, Mags, when I went to take my dog out this morning, guess what I found in my shed, some WD 40,…i left my gate open last night,like Susan suggested, so haven’t tried it yet.

Something so simple, when you think about it, yet I had to ask on off,and the ladies, came up trumps, how could I even think to doubt you girls.:lol::lol::lol:

As for that Judd!..:021:…you need to stop counting those days to retirement,:lol::lol:…only joking Judd, I know you work hard!!..:slight_smile:

I bet it doesn’t freeze anymore, after all that,

Thanks again everyone, appreciate all of your posts,x

Hey you, where’s the advice?:lol:

The ladies came up trumps!..:-p:-p…I know who to ask in future,:lol::lol::mrgreen:

Move somewhere warmer? My gates never freeze.

Bruce, I would love to live in Australia, such a beautiful country, but, my uncle told me too many stories about them creepy crawlies!.:shock:

It certainly beats this country for its weather, absolutely freezing here!!:slight_smile:

Did the hairdryer work pauline? :069: