How did you come across

Over Fifties Forum back in the day?

When it first started?..

A friend on another site recommended it to me…been here ever since,:+1::+1:

2 Likes

Not been on over 50s long. June this year in fact. Was recommended by an existing member

4 Likes

I’ve been here since 2009 so I honestly can’t remember.

Ah, no , I’ve just remembered … a friend who was on Azz’s Dogsey forum recommended this place to me as he had just started it up.

2 Likes

I googled “nice forums for older people. No drama” and this came up. (OFF, I should say)

2 Likes

You actually typed in nice forums

2 Likes

Same. I googled forums for older people. I got a list and went through all of them when I found this one.

2 Likes

I did…I had searched “forums for older people” first of all. Had a wee look at some random comments (which were less than polite, and quite nasty), so went back to google and put in the word “nice”. :smiley:

3 Likes

I had been on another form for a short time, didn’t really like it, then found this one when I googled over 50’s…I should have said ( WELL OVER 50…) :smiley: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Someone kind told me about it .

1 Like

I was recommended by a few friends that preferred here to another forum.

3 Likes

I think I was pointed in this direction.

2 Likes

How funny! Now you have me curious to look back at the others on the list.

1 Like

been on here for 10 years,can’t possibly remember how I got here.

3 Likes

A good friend and now ex member who dominated the political threads introduced me the site. I won’t mention his name but those of you who are long standing members will know who I mean. :wink: That was ten years ago now. :eyes:

2 Likes

I was on another forum, there was quite a ‘Saga’ when it closed under not very nice circumstances. From there My Next forum was rather a Circuitous one. That also closed, the owner started another forum where offspring could nominate their parent to some kind of ‘dating’ forum. Looking for another forum I found the previous OFF, now OFC and here I am still on a forum, despite the recent steep learning curve!

Those ‘in the know’ will work out the previous forums I was on, some on here were also on them.
:grinning:

2 Likes

Me too , I never knew about the dating bit though.

Yes, a while after that forum closed I searched for the owner’s name and came up with the new forum he had started. It was publicised in the national press and seems to be quite successful. Can’t recall the name but I guess under the rules we are not allowed to post the names of other forums anyway. :grinning:

1 Like

I used to ‘hover’ as a guest for a while then one day I just decided to take the leap and join up.

3 Likes

Friends Reunited over 50s got trashed, before its time, some folks made their way here, as far as I know, without recommendation, the rest is history.

2 Likes

I’m glad you took that leap!!..:+1::+1:

1 Like