How can I get motivated?

Harmless banter.
“Chill” as the kids say.

I’ve ‘chilled’ PS.

well done!

had a bit of a set-back yesterday. the shower enclosure I ordered, which has been sitting in my hall for three weeks was the wrong type and has to go back. Luckily the company will give me a full refund even though it was my fault.

I did get some things done though; Installed the shower and the control box in the loft - and cut the lawn. :slight_smile:

Well done LD.

Rain might hamper me today, as I have electrical equipment to move. Mind, I could still do some other stuff, maybe.

I think so long as we do something every day, however small, it all helps to keep the momentum going.

Yes, you’re quite right. :smiley:

Not long back from another storage run.

Have been waiting for my friend to call round and help with the wardrobe, but she’s not answering texts. Strange as she texted me at 12.40 that she was going to Morrisons with her sister, and would text when leaving for me. I therefore expected her some hours ago. The rain was chucking it down but I thought, blow this, I’ll carry on to the storage unit, so I did.

Taken all my pictures and posters down from the wall, and removed all blu tack and sticky bits.

Shall now relax for the evening, and try and finish 3 days newspapers. Can’t do much else till the wardrobe is out, and friend had also promised to lend dust sheets. Might start getting some paint tomorrow.

Have a relaxing evening.

Thanks LD.

She came round just after 7.30, and we got the wardrobe outside. I have a lovely almost empty bedroom, ready to start.

Been out today and bought paint and other stuff. Getting quite ahead of myself.

How are you getting on?

Will be re-positioning the radiator today and re-piping, then will probably fit the new basin and taps. Going for a walk first though as it’s so nice out this morning.

It’s great when all the furniture is out, it makes it so much easier. Well done Jazzi.

Thanks LD. And you too are making good progress.

All I have in the room is my single bed, a very small telephone table, and the tv and the unit. And just a few trolleys that can easily be moved out of the way. I wanted to take the large telly to the storage unit but was worried I’d drop it or cause damage while carrying to the car. I’ll check the weight again, and see. I then have a smaller tv that’s in the hallway, that I can use.

My friend told me last night she is willing to buy the sewing machine off me. We agree a small price, and she’ll throw in a single hot plate the gas board gave her recently. Yes, she got it for free, but as my oven is useless I am using a double hot plate bought a while ago, so this will supplement it, or be handy as a standby. She knew I had my eye on one.

She’ll try and sell the other: they are both unused, as they didn’t need to turn her supply off.

Have been on hands and knees sugar soaping the skirting, done the window sill and some door frames.

Friend has brought round some dust sheets so I could start the ceilings tomorrow.

At this rate, I’ll finish long before schedule! :smiley:

If you finish early, what are you like at floor tiling? :lol:

Well Jazzi - I’m worn out just thinking about your post
Well done to you ! :slight_smile:

Ditto.

Thank you!!

Floor tiling? Leave it ahhhttt!!! :shock:

Why am I paying someone to pull up my carpet? :lol:

Bedroom curtains are in the washing machine.

Worked until 8pm yesterday, managed to move the radiator and install the new basin in different position, so quite pleased with the progress.

The trouble is, I really can’t be bothered at the moment and although I know I should be working hard on it every day, I just can’t bring myself to start each morning.

Well done Longdogs :slight_smile: usually the hardest bit is getting started and you have crossed that hurdle :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Stay at it Longdogs,your chipping away at it and it will be be a memory in no time.stay focused and next you know, it’s done.I set goal’s, this today that tomorrow.:slight_smile: Just make sure you have everything you need,I hate running out to get something I forgot.Have fun :slight_smile: