How can I get motivated?

After almost nine months of restoring my house I have finally ripped out the old bathroom ready to refurb. So far, every single job has been ten times the amount of work I imagined. The trouble is, I really can’t be bothered at the moment and although I know I should be working hard on it every day, I just can’t bring myself to start each morning.

Anyone else had this problem and any advice on how to get motivated again?

:101:

In the morning - have a coffee and good breakfast then - put on some feel good music - you’ll be ready to go ! :-p
While you sip that coffee, imagine the end result :smiley:

Get yourself a nagging wife, that works for me. lol

I have tried listening to my old battered radio with a piece of metal trim for an ariel. That hasn’t worked. My wife is being very understanding and not putting any pressure on me. Maybe that is the problem?

:lol: I won’t say a word …(to Sheila) :-p

Yes - Alan could be right :-p
And, maybe you should change the station :slight_smile:

Get a man in , may hurt your pride , but if I may say so you sound fed up to the back teeth, Enough already.
;-);-):wink:

The trouble is, I am the man. Bathroom fitting is what I do for a living.

I don’t have that problem Longdog :slight_smile: I tell myself the sooner I get going the sooner I will be finished and that particularly applies to jobs I don’t like doing.

The best thing is not to think about it just get on and do it :slight_smile:

Yes, I know you are right. I think I will make an early start tomorrow. Sometimes just starting gets you involved.

Know what you mean, thing of it is though, you are being PAID to fit other people"s B/Rooms.
There is an old saying “The cobbler"s children get their shoes mended last”.
:-):-):slight_smile:

Yes, I was thinking along the lines of cobblers. :lol::lol:

Oh my goodness, you are a card – you !!!
:mini::mini:

I have the same attitude to my own refurb works, longdogs. At the moment I’m trying to empty my bedroom to do it up, but it’s a mammoth task as I’m on my own here.

The first part is the hardest, packing up stuff to store, sorting out what to throw away or sell, and no-one can really help with that. Then I have the job of finding some cardboard boxes (might have to give in and buy them), then deciding WHERE to store it all. Currently I’m thinking of a spare building on my allotment site (need to check with my committee), OR paying to go with the storage company about 2 miles away. Not the cheap option, but safer.

I don’t have anyone to motivate me. And I get depressed thinking about the job ahead of me.

hi Jazzi. I understand how difficult it is and I think the moving stuff around bit is the worst part. No sooner do I finish a room and make it look nice, then have to fill it with items from another room. A general lack of space I suppose.

Maybe we can keep this thread going and tell each other what we have achieved each day - however little. :lol:

Tsk Tsk …I was expecting you to be absent for a few days and to return with glorious tales of your achievements in the bathroom and photos to match …

Im with you Longdogs, as a sparky i hated doing electrical work in my own home, i would happily have a try at other things, but could never have the same enthusiasm for my electrical work.

I had the same problem till last year when I decide that’s it, out with everything and all my big old furniture went to the YMCA. Such a good decision , no more moving loads of stuff around to clean and a bright clean minimalist house :slight_smile:

My OH is a roofer/builder and has no enthusiasm for working on the house - he has buillt 2 extensions but they took time as he too lost interest but im very good at the nagging :twisted::lol:

Understandable then - more of the same
Hope you made a start today - the sooner you do, the sooner finished - hope all goes well for you :slight_smile: