How about anything goes thread

I wonder if he trumped if a bubble would pop out haha

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

The Armadillo girdled lizard (Ouroborus cataphractus), the tiny dragon of the desert !

Also known as the Armadillo spiny-tailed lizard or the Golden-armadillo lizard, this species is endemic to desert areas along the western coast of South Africa. This reptile is light brown to dark brown in color and has armor-like spiny scales covering the neck, tail, body, and limbs, but has a soft, vulnerable yellow underside.

When feeling threatened or frightened, the lizard curls into a ball and takes its tail in its mouth. In this formation, it is protected by the thick squarish scales along its back and the spines on its tail. It obtains its common name from this particular behaviour which bears a striking resemblance to a frightened mammalian armadillo. This defense mechanism also allows the lizard to spend most of its time basking in the South African sun.

5 Likes

See - I always knew Dragons were real! Great photo.

4 Likes

How cute is this . :slight_smile:

I am hungry!

I saw the picture on Frans de Waal’s facebook page, and thought I would post it after the discussion on Puff the Magic Dragon.

1 Like

Who was the owl lover here, saw this on the same page

4 Likes

Awwww this is well cute

Eat your tail then :yum:

1 Like

What an interesting man .

Where? I could do with one of those!

2 Likes

Countdown was pretty much my favourite program on Channel 4 but the powers that be have done their best to ruin it. The latest change is to have dictionary corner guests no one has heard of reminiscing on how they overcame a paper cut to become the boring person they are today. :smiley::smiley:

4 Likes

Isn’t he, and the photography on his page is extraordinary.

Chancing scu**ags.
Bought a mattress topper from Dormeo but it was like sleeping on a concrete slab so decided to return it. Phoned up the company and a very nice guy, or so I thought, told me that he would have it collected which was great as I expected to have to pay for return.
It was duly picked and this morning I got my refund minus £35 for delivery.

Just got off the phone to the company asking where they get off charging £35 for delivery a charged not mentioned in the first call or by their courier company in the emails I received prior to collection. They are getting back to me.

EDIT.
It pays to complain.
I phoned last Wednesday and explained that their representative had not mentioned the exorbitant charge of over 34 quid to return a single topper.
I was told that they would listen to the phone call to confirm that I was not told of the charge and they would get back to me. As they hadn’t by this morning I phoned them back and the phone call was not mentioned but the charge is being refunded.
Success for a change.

4 Likes

That reminds me of a popular rugby song which, of course, I shall not quote on here:
‘The Mayor of Bayswater’s daughter’.
Lyrics for The Mayor Of Bayswater’s Daughter by Traditional - Songfacts
I don’t dare post it in full as it includes some pretty strong language, and the ladies wouldn’t like it one bit.

Well done MrF. Just looked at their returns policy as you will have no doubt done and there’s nothing specific said about the amount so the rep should have explained it to you as there’s also an option in their policy for you to arrange for and pay for an independent company to return it which would probably have been less than a tenner if my recent experience with sending a parcel weighing a couple of kilos is anything to go by. Unless their warehouse or fulfilment centre (stupid name for it) is overseas of course.

I expected to pay for return but was not sure how to go about it as there is no danger getting back in the box as they are vacuum packed and the guy on the phoned seemed very helpful. But he should have mentioned the exorbitant charge, as you say I could have got it done by Hermes or similar for less than a tenner.

1 Like

One good thing about this country is that we have laws to protect the consumer.

1 Like