Hot Water Bottles!

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::sweat_smile:…I don’t need to tuck Jack under my jacket, to know what the neighbours think,…:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:… the hot water bottle just lately, is permanently by my side,:cold_face::joy:

Sadly, the chap posted it way back on 2010 so he may not be available to explain.

2 Likes

I had one a long time ago. I don’t like the potential for leaks. Even setting it up can be messy.

I started using corn bags heated in the microwave. It’s a moist heat that lasts for a while.

These days I’m enjoying my heated throw blanket that I heat up and turn off.

I don’t know which is more energy efficient. I still have to heat the water for the hot water bottle so not sure that would be saving me any energy costs.

In the winter, I put my hot water bottle in my bed at 8:30pm so it is nice and warm when I get in bed later.

I also use my hot water bottle to help ease pain.

I use one every winter and I keep one in my camper. The knitted covers they come with now make the hot water bottle a whole different prospect to the horrid feel of rubber. so obvious but such a long time coming.

When I was a child my grandmother still used a china one.

My Nan had one almost Identical to that, I used have it wrapped in a cardigan or jumper during winter visits. It would still be warm in the morning, very effective but not without risk.

Hadn’t used one for years but gone back to them this winter and really appreciate them.
Only £4 in Primark with a nice furry cover. (And a use by date too!)

I don’t use them, but I used to. I loved the rubbery smell of them when they were hot. It reminds me of my childhood Christmasses. I had the ones with the furry covers and they were great. I like the look of the much longer ones for sale, now, on Amazon/EBay. I might treat myself.

(I keep a hair dryer by the bed and, if it feels coldish between sleeps, I just blast warm air under the furry blanket and that lasts for a long time, too.)

I love my hot water bottle by my side, especially at night, when it’s freezing and the heating is off…I find it a great comfort,:heartpulse:

I’ve had this bottle at least 6 years.

1 Like

Oh gosh, yes!
Used both mine a lot this year, as I didn’t turn my heating on until a few days into December. They have cuddly covers, so are nice to hug.

I want mine to have a cover that is a honey-coloured Teddy, with a red ribbon around his neck, or I shall be vewy kwoss!

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

I think you are supposed to change them every couple of years the boiling water affects the rubber.

In what way? I’ve had mine for years and it’s still going strong :003:

1 Like

So did I until I was emptying one which was a few years old and it split. But what do they cost? $5, $8? if you change it every year you are not going to go broke, one less cappuccino per annum perhaps?

1 Like

My hot water bottle yep luv it …it becomes my bestie in these chilly dark days

1 Like

Hi Azz I had a hot water bottle for years until one night I rolled on it and it burst and soaked my bed , now I buy one each year , it took days to dry the mattres :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I hope it wasn’t boiling hot Susan! :fire:

Did it show any wear? One of mine did break once but it was showing wear and tear around the neck and cap, is that where yours broke?

No it was luke warm thank goodness , soaked me and my bed and no signs at all of wear. I had to use a hair dryer for hours to try to dry mattress it took about 3 days .

1 Like

I used to test my HWBs by filling them to the intended level, putting them on the floor, on top of a spread out couple of bin bags, and laying down, on them, a 20 Kg weights disk. If, three days later, checking it lots of times per day, there was no leakage, I’d start using it.