Hot Water Bottles!

Someone mentioned these to me yesterday. I remember how lovely they were. Sometimes if you were feeling poorly you cuddled one while snug on the sofa. Or in bed you held one and wrapped your feet round another one! :slight_smile:

Anyone still got one or use it???

Until the menopause I suffered from the cold and had a hottie winter and summer. These days I spend my nights kicking the duvet off winter and summer as I get too warm, even though the menopause finished for me 12 years ago!

Jenny is permanantly scarred from a hot water bottle-the silly girl filled one with boiling water and then decided the cover was a bit dirty and took it off.

She must have put it againt her thigh were they took the graft to replace her tongue where the nerve endings were damaged. She never felt a thing but she was badly burned.

I was kind but also gave her a good telling off for being so stupid

When I was a wee girl, the hot water bottle we had was one of those brown ceramic type ones. It burst in the bed and water water everywhere! They were horrid things!

I burnt myself quite badly with rubber ones as well, when I was young. Now I never use them at all - not since the advent of duvets!!

I always keep a hot water bottle in the house but it is only used when anyone has back or leg aches and pains … it has its own fleecy lavender cover too! :lol:

I can remember having an alloy bottle in a fleece sleeve, then the rubber ones that smelt.How would Health and Safety work with these, now.

Thank god for central heating and electric.

What about a wheat bag http://www.ease-pain.com/product.php/4/0/large_multi_purpose_wheat_bag/b5315a9744381affab67618664e44712

I have an nice fluffy one from M&S and use it in the winter :lol: it’s so good it’s still warm when I get up!

I always take a hot water bottle to bed with me on these chilly nights, would not be without it for my cold feet! Also use when I have an achy back.

I, too, burned myself on a hot water bottle and now take those wheat bags that heat up in the microwave - they’re brilliant and mould round your neck or back - or anywhere you want them. Great if you have a touch of arthitis in your neck! Maggie

I have one that is always the right temperature and moulds itself to fill available space…
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj23/claireanddaisy/shamus/IMG_3243.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: … looks very, very cuddly and I love the expression! :mrgreen:

I use mine every day on my back and if its really cold I have one on my feet too.

Never go to bed without my hot water bottle as soon as the chilly nights start-can’t abide my cold feet! As for the rest of my body, like Claireandaisy, I have a larger model that curls herself up and snuggles into me-my Hatti girl !!!

Love cuddling my hot water bottle and also have constant heat from my staffie as she likes to get as close to me as she can.

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s331/suecurrie/Meggi/LPIC0038.jpg

LOL, wasn’t thinking of four legged furry ones! :smiley: Leia is mine.

This could be me.

I’ve always been cold at nights …

…until I got hot - and not in a good way!

Even so, I gave up hot water bottles many years ago (and like some I have had hot water bottle injuries) - if I had to use external heat, it would have to be a wheatie.

This has reminded me that I have a hwb tucked away somewhere in the airing cupboard and hasn’t seen the light of day for years. I will find it out as I have had cold feet in bed the last few nights.
I do remember though how I hate waking up in the night with a cold water bottle near my feet:cry:

I have an electric blanket and my dogs.

Thats where the saying 3 dog night comes from, eskimos using their dogs to keep warm. 3 dogs mean it’s very cold.

My cat, Cassie, does a good job of keeping me warm on cold nights.:lol: She will snuggle into me and I often wake up with her head under my chin in the morning!:smiley:

Was just coming on to post about hot water bottles!

I haven’t used mine since 2016 when I bought a white goose feather and down duvet but with all this cold weather I decided to wash mine and give it another try, while I don’t need it getting into bed (as I always have a hot bath before bed) it certainly makes a difference when you get up, it’s still warm when you get up!

Anyway, bumping this thread for those that haven’t got one - why not!? You should give one a go :023:

1 Like