Home Gardens

Thanks Mags. I just love being by water on a sunny day. I can literally sit and stare for hours. i even changed the water fall slightly today by adding some slate so that the sound was a bit louder.

Yes, quite a few bees today and mating dragonflies. I was watching one laying eggs in the water too.

My next door neighbour used to have a lovely pond with trickling water and it was so nice sat in my garden in the summer listening to that water.

Unfortunately they moved two years ago and the new neighbours got rid of the pond :frowning:

Lovely picture dongles, your pond is maturing well since we last saw it, looks good m’dear. :023:

Thanks Mups. The plants in the top right corner of the pond are from the seeds I collected last year. They are behind the mother plant for some reason (bottom right) but are about to flower. :-p

That’s a shame. have you thought of adding a water feature?

That’s something worth thinking about :023::smiley:

All lovely original gardens.

My garden is 55yeqrs olds, more like a Cottage Garden
and many plants have seeded themselves
The front part is on the Main Road behind a brick wall and many men lean on the wall to view the flowers.

I once found a pair of men’s underpants in the shrubs!!

:surprised:

Ooh, that looks nice Dingalong! Puts mine to shame. I love listening to running water. Being by water in general always makes me happy.

Mine hasn’t got bells and whistles or even running water - I call it a ‘wild life’ pond. :wink:
No fish, but it’s full of stuff, tadpoles, newts, skaters, slugs, snails and puppy dogs tails. They must love the dirty green effect :wink:

Funny you should say about dragonflies, I rarely see them around here. It’s more damselflies.

I can not take much credit for this Ceanothus as the only part of the garden I look after is the lawn :cool:
The bees love this plant though

https://s22.postimg.cc/vzqr5nslt/7_B443_F20-8553-41_F2-840_D-_AECA311520_F5.jpg

Took some piccies today (no sun):

Took some piccies yesterday (sun). Heron on the garage roof looking for fish… he wishes :smiley:

To all you Hosta lovers,we all know how much the slugs and snails love them,…i was watching gardener’s world last night,…a guy on there grows them,an eldery lady told him to boil some garlic bulbs in water,when the water is cold,put it in a spray bottle,spray your hostas,i am going to try this tonight ,natural ingredients, so I’m sure it wont hurt my frogs,that are in the pond.

What a fabulous garden, Pesta :smiley:

You think? Thank you Mags. :slight_smile:

It’s not a ‘dry’ garden, it always keep moisture in the air.

I’m in a ‘dip’ surrounded by trees, everywhere is moss and damp smelling. Not the easiest of gardens I’ve had.

The prolonged sunshine we’ve had lately has helped but the lawn is dreadful with lichen and lungwart(?) or something.
Can’t get rid of it :confused:

Beautiful garden Pesta,so well established.

Thank you Pauline … if I’m honest it looks better in piccies :mrgreen:

(hasten to add they’re not doctored… I ain’t that savvy) :shock:

You should be proud of that garden Pesta,it’s breathtakingly beautiful, you have a pond,it looks very mature?..do you have fish?

DW my ceanothus is just coming out, it is a darker blue than yours and usually covered in bees :slight_smile: I think they are beautiful shrubs…

Great little pond LD , I wish I had room for one they add another dimension to the garden.

Nice garden Pesta :001: