Home Gardens

Such a shame. Why does nature do that? We have been lucky here in SW, although had storms, no plants were damaged.

I think the storms are forecast here again overnight tonight.
I do hope they are wrong. :frowning:

Hi Pesta, I have quite a few of those garden ornament type things, they all used to belong to my Dad. He gave them to me in around…2000 I think, when he could no longer keep up with his own garden. My Mum used to paint them. They sat in my garden, mostly forgotten about, until the summer of 2016 when I decided to give the garden a re-vamp. I brought them all inside, cleaned them up and repainted them.

There used to be a similar model to the tramp but it was an old woman. It got stolen from the front garden shortly after I put it out there :frowning:

Pauline I love your garden… it has that come and explore look…so many plants:)

Talking of garden ornaments I dug up an oriental looking one in the garden the other day I’m in bed on my iphone right now but I will take a pic of it later it’s quite pretty :slight_smile:

I am in the SW
Wetshire !

Hi

As I am moving I have not planted out my raised beds or any annuals

It is strange not having home grown veg this year.

You can have raised beds in your new place Swims !

Odd isn’t it. The storms have been really random as has the flooding.

Do you think your garden will suffer permanent damage or are you hopeful it will recover?

:shock:…

You’re starting early today Dongles!

yep just wot I was finkin!!:shock:

lets do a double take on that one " I’m in bed on my iphone right now-

but I will take a pic of it later it’s quite pretty - what is quite pretty? your bed - your iphone or ???

Perhaps the thread title helps!

And no…we’re not talking lady gardens either!
Honestly…:smiley:

:lol::lol:

Starting? I never stop. :wink:

So true!

Hi Nicol… good for you taking care of them! I have to say they look rather grand. :slight_smile:

It really amused me seeing another Mr Mortimer. I punched the air and shouted Mr Mortimer! (I’m very childlike ;-))

My daughter used her water colour paints every year, so of course, it rarely lasted long, but she loved doing it. Nearly 30 yrs we’ve had him :smiley:

I’ve left a note with my will, for her not to forget about him.
:wink:

I wonder why folk pinch garden gnomes and little statues? It amuses me when people send postcards from them, showing them on holiday after they’ve been pinched. :smiley:

Yeah, don’t think they’d be dragging that one on hols, as you know from your Mr Mortimer, they weigh a ton.

Absolutely lovely in the garden today. Just spent three hours out there, reading, drinking coffee, watching dragonflies, butterflies and bees and listening to the sound of running water. Sooooo relaxing.

View of the pond today

http://www.over50sforum.com/picture.php?albumid=1035&pictureid=11970

A lovely pond LD, it can be so relaxing listening to running water.

We’ve had quite a few bees in the garden today, darting in and out all the flowers.:smiley: