Holidays 2010

Don’t be sorry. I can’t afford holidays but it doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy hearing about everyone elses. :smiley:

Well,its nearly here I’ll be away onthe 4th have checked into my cruise on line got US and Canadian dollars ordered now to tell you where I’m off to… I’m off on an Alaskan cruise:-)
I will fly to Toronto and have a few days with my cousin (get my head round the time thing) then her and I fly over to Seattle and pick up a cruise boat so there will be lots and lots of pics on my return as we will call at Ketchican, Juneau, and Glacier Bay.
I’m now getting a bit excited as its too early to pack but got piles of stuff everywhere including shopping for for the rellies in Canada.
I really have to be very grateful to my dear old dad who left me some money “to travel”:-D:-D:-D

Jeanette

Geordiegirl, that sounds like a great holiday. Hope you have a super time, and look forward to the pics.

That sounds wonderful Geordiegirl…you’re definitely on countdown now. Hope you have a great time…

Have a super holiday, Geordiegirl … it sounds great!

Well I’m nearly sorted just a bit of packing left,and a trip to the hairdressers. Shall be on the M25 just after 5 in the morning on the way to Heathrow,so its Canada tomorrow followed by a flight to seattle on Thurs then I’m off on my alaskan cruise, and yes i am getting just a bit excited.
so its bye for now folks ,see you on the 24th with piccies…Lots

Jeanette:-)

Hope you have a safe journey and a great holiday!:smiley:

Bon voyage, enjoy, bring back lots of pics!

Have a great holiday Geordiegirl…enjoy…

Counting down now…

I bet you are getting excited, Sweep! :smiley:

Have you been brushing up on your French in readiness? :slight_smile:

WE,RE OFF TO SCARBOROUGH ON THE 16TH OCTOBER.
THERE’S A WAR WEEKEND IN PICKERING THAT WEEK END,ON THE NORTH YORKS RAILWAY,WE,RE UP THERE WITH FRIENDS IN OUR CARAVAN HOPE THE WEATHERS GOOD TO US…
BEST WISHES TO ALL ON THERE TRAVELS BRRR.
REGARDS DEREK :slight_smile: :wink: :cool:

Hope you enjoy it, Derek … don’t forget to pack some warm clothes!:slight_smile:

I am sort of…always a bit of a worry that you’ve found ‘the right place’ as I was in charge of finding Gite, my 4th time & I hope that all as it says(although the Visitors Comments sold it for me this time!):shock:

French…hmmmm I think I know enough to get by on;-)

A tad concerned re; news from Foreign Office today

Obama has suggested our tourists stay away from frequently visited sites, terminals, etc … :frowning:

That’s not good news Sweep, and so close to your holiday…

I’m glad I’ve had my holiday before these warnings were given:confused:

Holiday is Saturday! Eeekk!

Normally my Wife and I holiday at least twice a year, we enjoy the ‘Royal Kenz Hotel’ Port el Kantauoin Tunisia. The hotel is nice, part owners Wife is from England, they even have their meals in the dinning room, shows the quality of the food, No one under 16 allowed in the hotel, so you get a varied age range of couple, someone once said the average of guest was mid 50’s and I would agree.Link in French but you can translate. http://hotelroyalkenz.com/

Our main holiday is always in Cortes de la Frontera, up in the hills of Andalusia, Spain. A wonderful white village, friendly people, little English is spoken so a phrase book or some lessons may help but be warned the villages speak a very accented dialect, like a broad Geordie speaks English.:slight_smile:
We plan to move to the village sometime late next year, rent a small house, apartment or Finca, my health has not been good over the last 12 months but moving here is no issue as it has a small cottage type hospital, manned by para medics. Gibraltar is only around 40 min’s drive away, with an excellent Hospital. 10 min by helicopter from the village, yes the Para medics even use the helicopter if required, all covered by the E111 card.

Youtube; http://youtube.com/watch?v=tqitgM5HfME

Wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortes_de_la_Frontera

Hope this helps:-D