Holidays 2010

Haven’t had a ‘real’ holiday in a couple of years but am booked to go to Tunisia in September. Have been before including several times with my elderly mum who loved it there (and travelling in general). I lost her at Christmas (she was 92) and so we’re spending the bulk of the small legacy she left on a trip back to Tunisia - she’d heartily approve :slight_smile:

Because of dogs, birds, cats, turtles, and a hubby using any getaway monies on new deck railing and fence area, my summer will again be spent on the new deck hubby built last year!
I am happy with that tho! Don’t really trust my beasties with anybody else!

We love France but what with Jenny getting sick and the pound so weak I think it may be a while before we go back

I will be taking my caravan again this year to dog shows, one week Peterborough.

Moetmum-if you fancy putting a face to a name pm me. We are very close to Peterborough

we decided to book a cruise for 2010 after our friends couldnt stop raving about it. So really excited about it , although not sure what to expect. It is will P&O Cruises and our travel agent assured us that we are going to have a fantastic time. Has anyone else been on a cruise and what did you think of it?

Where are you going on your cruise?

Welcome to the forum by the way!

We could perhaps do coffee sometime… I live in New Quay:-D

Had a nice few days in Cambridge a couple of weeks ago visiting our Daughter & then had a few days in France in a B&B lovely place, only an hour from Calais, nice break.

Looking forward to going to visit family in Pompey next month & then France in October.
Will of course miss the Dogs but they do enjoy the Kennels thay stay in.

The original stick-in-the-mud here; dislike travelling; not going anywhere.

Hi Mags, We decided to go with P&O Cruises on our favourite ship Oriana to the Baltic, as it was such a great deal we couldn’t really miss it. also we dont need to worry about luggage allowance or BA strikes etc. as we are sailing from Southampton which is an added benefit.

At the moment we have a caravan holiday booked for Norfolk in September, we love birdwatching and it is really lovely, my little one absolutely loves the natural world, he is a real little Bill Oddie! he has his own binoculars so he joins in too lol
We may have days out during the summer hols but that’s it really.
Our problem is we are going to have to fit in with school time holidays and that is going to be expensive, it really is a big rip off!!! :mad:

June x

Just had a wonderful few days in Portsmouth/Gosport area. Now just a tad ‘homesick’:wink:

Glad you had a lovely time, Sweep :slight_smile:

Hope you had good weather Sweep

We got back from the Isle of Wight on friday,
we were in Sandown.
Four weeks ago we were in Shanklin for five days, had a great
time traveled all round the island we had the best weather ever,
went round Osbourne house this was our sixth time,
we go by coach nice no to have to drive.
regards dereklcg :cool::slight_smile:

Glad you had a great holiday and the weather was good, Derek.

I’ve never been to the Isle of Wight, must try to visit one day…

we go with travelstyle.
they pick up in most places,
they,re on the net…regards dereklcg

I’m going the same place as every year, nowhere. My daughter lucky thing is off for her first ever holiday, she is going to Ibizia with her boyfriend for 11 days in September.

:shock::cool:so sorry you,re not having a holiday, with me bangin on about mine madmare.
it,s something we have always been able to do,be it camping or caravaning
we have been abroad four time but we don,t anymore.
kind regards dereklcg.

Don’t be sorry. I can’t afford holidays but it doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy hearing about everyone elses. :smiley: