Hoarder's four bedroom home which is being 'sold as seen'

• Prices start at £125,000! Its a lovely house, but my goodness…the book obsession is a nightmare!!

Wooden shelves filled with books of all sizes make the house resemble more of a personal library than a family home.

While some rooms are so cluttered with novels with hardbacks that it would be impossible to cross from one end to the other. Even the bath is completely surrounded by books piled high, threatening to come down like an avalanche if disturbed.
0_LG_LEC_21974965_Hoarders_House_04

Somewhere within that hoard of books, I’ll lay decent odds that at least one very rare book will earn the new owner a fortune.
My second house, a Victorian job and executor’s sale, was sold completely as seen and amongst all the piled up furniture and other believed to be junk, we found some very desirable items that paid for all the renovations needed.

4 Likes

I came back to this thread to say the very same thing…I bet there’s a few 1st editions in amongst that lot! But seriously though LD, who would have the time to go through ALL those books? Its more than my local bookshop has! :astonished:

1 Like

I would find an antiquarian book enthusiast and offer them 10% of all and any finds. I’d be crushed in the rush :astonished::point_right::ok_hand::+1::grin:

3 Likes

I’d go through them and sort! In fact I could spend my retirement very happily just living among all those books :books::orange_book::open_book::books::open_book::orange_book::books::books:

Bound to be a few valuable and a lot of very interesting ones, you’d probably raise enough to pay for the house!

4 Likes

You would get on very well with my wife then Maree as our biggest furniture additions have always been bookcases; thank goodness this house was our final move👍

2 Likes

I would love too as well. If it’s just books and not grimy or yucky. I love books, however, besides being a fire hazard, bugs love to burrow in paper. As much as I love books that house still makes my skin crawl. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
What’s with hoarders anyway, they always collect trash. I’m looking for the person who hoards gold. I’ll help them clean up!

2 Likes

I’ve noted a few lately in the papers… quite a few abandoned ones too. There was one in Wales (I think), country cottage type of thing with land. Walls and ceilings falling down type of stuff.
Loads with furniture still in situ, some that looks good stuff.
I’d love to go rummaging in abandoned buildings or a hoarders ‘paradise’
The only thing that would put me off would be spiders and their webs, filthy loos and rats or mice :worried:

1 Like

One person’s trash is another’s treasure. I’m the the same with all things connected to music and my wife is a bookaholic :wink::point_right::innocent:

1 Like

I should probably seek help for my problem in this area. I read them, then pass them on. At any given time I have about 20 books that live here permanently . All photography books. :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Only 20? Gee, I should be so lucky. Throughout the house, there must be several hundreds and maybe even over a thousand. To think I get strange looks from her about my 20+ guitars all in playing order :wink::point_right::innocent:

1 Like

Bedbugs…!!!

3 Likes

That’s not too many! You’re barely getting started. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m wasn’t planning on getting in any of the beds Pixie :lol:

You know what though, I honestly wouldn’t know a bed bug if I saw one :017:

1 Like

2 Likes

Bedbugs love paper…our son got some in a library book years ago. Oh my gosh, they infested the entire house within days. We had to get it fumigated and chuck out practically everything. The poor lad was mortified, but y’know…he never went to the library again!

sometimes I know too much about the wrong things

4 Likes

Aye thats them…nasty little buggers.

Ewwwww… :nauseated_face:

OMG Pixie… I’ll go to the foot of our stairs. That’s disgusting! Poor you… I’d be distraught if that happened. I’d have to move :face_vomiting:

I never knew they loved paper, I just assumed they were confined to 'bed’s being called bed bugs.

Are they quite small things then, seeing as how they were in a book?

2 Likes

Wow! And I thought I was a hoarder. My home is nowhere near that bad. :grinning:

2 Likes