Hi, new here, just saying hello

Welcome to the forum Mayhem, I look forward to reading you.
Lovely part of the world you come from, and I take every opportunity to come and visit…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Then a big welcome for Jaffa too :wink:

1 Like

Mayhem, I noted that you are learning guitar. You might like this. I played it for my kids

I played my kids at bedtime.

1 Like

Thank you, fingers crossed I show you something worth reading.

1 Like

Lovely tune, though am more of a metal type, acdc, Floyd, etc etc. I got it into my head I wanted to learn to play the ukulele, I mentioned it to someone and was told I should just learn guitar and they kindly gave me an electric guitar, who is ever so pretty and I’ve named her Rose, however I think the thinking behind the ukulele was only 4 strings, which would be easier, I think…

1 Like

Wow, what a pretty guitar! I was going to jokingly say that you’ll be playing Pink Floyd soon before I read that you actually like Pink Floyd. So now I’ll say I hope you’ll be playing Pink Floyd soon. I’ll bet he didn’t have a pretty guitar like you do!

Haha I doubt I’ll ever be good enough to put a tune together. Pink Floyd tunes would be awesome. I wish I’d learnt when I was younger instead of just thinking about it. Rose is a pretty guitar, and I’m so grateful to be of been given her, I just wish my fingers were more flexible.

1 Like

How long before we hear your version of ‘Stairway to Heaven’ on youtube Mayhem?
:sunglasses:

1 Like

I like Mark Knoffler and he is a Scotsman !

Haha, I think we will all be climbing that stairway before I can play a tune.

1 Like

Is he the dire straits guy? I’m useless with names of people in bands, always have been.

That’s him. For me this just…special

1 Like

I think I’ll be descending rather than ascending Mayhem…
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Hi Mayhem, Welcome to the Forum.
Hope you enjoy being here - have fun!

1 Like

Wow, that’s pretty blinkin awesome.lol. I was just trying to share one of my favourite tunes off YouTube but I can’t. It was rednex wild and free. I like their stuff due to the amount of instruments in every song. They always seem to give me energy.

Hey boot, Thanks for that. Am enjoying it, find everyone really friendly.

Haha, ye me to probably,

1 Like

You might like this - I do:

1 Like

Wow, amazing footwork on the 2 dancing.

Ahaha, I’m not certain how this intro got into guitars.

However, if anyone’s interested, during some of my travelling time for work in the past, I got a downright amazing bargain.

Was looking for an acoustic guitar to help daughter with learning her folk style. It’s a handmade original from Kamouraska, Québec, Canada.

Similar to this one
kbj2fs4ugrav81fggved

I’ve only ever had one repair to be done on the neck, due to after installing a new set of strings, I forgot to release the tension as we had a house move shortly after. It was in storage for 3 months.

I still have it and play occasionally, but not in the last 6 years… Someday maybe!