Hi, new here, just saying hello

Hi Mags. Thank you. I’m sure I will

1 Like

Hiya Mayhem!
Welcome on this lovely sunny morning :sun_with_face:
All the best with the guitar, maybe I’ll see you at your first gig?

Terrific avatar by the way :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I didnt know there was a restriction on Photos , there is on PM for new members , Perhaps the place to ask is Forum help @Azz is our lovely man in charge , who will guide you .

2 Likes

Hi Mayhem Welcome from me, the grumpy old Scotsman. I like Cumbria - my daughter and family live there at Sellafield. I do a bit of photography and I use imgur if that helps:

1 Like

The weathers lovely isnt it. Haha, first gig, I think they’d pay me to stop. I’m still learning chords… very slowly.lol. the cats called Jaffa Wotsitts.lol

1 Like

Thanks Grumpy one,lol. I didn’t have a clue what imgur was, I had to ask Mr Google. Will check it out. Thank you. I’m not far from Sellafield. Hope your keeping well.

[quote=“Mayhem, post:26, topic:96334, full:true”]
I didn’t have a clue what imgur was, I had to ask Mr Google. [/quote]
It’s a forum that allows me to post forums here on the 50’s chat. I use that rather than other forums. You are fairly new so I know if you can access it yet. Maybe ask Azz? An the mean time here is a little fellow when we were in Scotland.

1 Like

Cute pic. Forums for forums…

Welcome @Mayhem from West Coast of Scotland!

1 Like

@Mayhem , you can post pics on here straight from your computer/tablet by clicking on the centre symbol at the top of the text box when writing your post. If you can’t then I would suggest that new members may be prevented from doing so for some reason, but I’ve not heard of it before… :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Ye it’s a newbie thing.lol Thank you though

Welcome to the forum Mayhem, I look forward to reading you.
Lovely part of the world you come from, and I take every opportunity to come and visit…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Then a big welcome for Jaffa too :wink:

1 Like

Mayhem, I noted that you are learning guitar. You might like this. I played it for my kids

I played my kids at bedtime.

1 Like

Thank you, fingers crossed I show you something worth reading.

1 Like

Lovely tune, though am more of a metal type, acdc, Floyd, etc etc. I got it into my head I wanted to learn to play the ukulele, I mentioned it to someone and was told I should just learn guitar and they kindly gave me an electric guitar, who is ever so pretty and I’ve named her Rose, however I think the thinking behind the ukulele was only 4 strings, which would be easier, I think…

1 Like

Wow, what a pretty guitar! I was going to jokingly say that you’ll be playing Pink Floyd soon before I read that you actually like Pink Floyd. So now I’ll say I hope you’ll be playing Pink Floyd soon. I’ll bet he didn’t have a pretty guitar like you do!

Haha I doubt I’ll ever be good enough to put a tune together. Pink Floyd tunes would be awesome. I wish I’d learnt when I was younger instead of just thinking about it. Rose is a pretty guitar, and I’m so grateful to be of been given her, I just wish my fingers were more flexible.

1 Like

How long before we hear your version of ‘Stairway to Heaven’ on youtube Mayhem?
:sunglasses:

1 Like