Hi all nice to meet you

I’ve been using an over 50s forum on a website for a few years now but sadly the company has decided the forum is no longer viable and are closing it down. As you can imagine all the members are gutted and are going to miss the time spent with likeminded people who have become good friends.
After doing a google search I came across this site and the content looks very similar to what I’m used to so I’m looking forward to chatting with you all soon.
I’ve added a link to this website on the old forum so hopefully some of its members will migrate too. Looking forward to meeting friends old and new.

8 Likes

I though you were a newbie (says he cautiously :wink:)

'ello fellow nutter and welcome to this wonderful mad house, but pssst …watch out for that ruddy nosy Bot I have on ‘ignore’ :grin:

1 Like

Hi Mad Ralph - Welcome to Over 50s Chat.
It’s always sad when a favourite forum closes down - but pastures new are beckoning here!
Have fun! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks Boot, I’m looking forward to getting stuck in. :sunglasses:

1 Like

welcome ,enjoy the forum.

1 Like

Hi Mad-Ralph :grinning: a warm welcome to Over 50sChat, I hope you enjoy your time here…

1 Like

Wotcha Mad-Ralph and welcome!!!

1 Like

Welcome Mas-Ralph ! I’m the grumpy ancient Scotsman!

1 Like

:joy:
What a coincidence. :astonished:
My wife’s Scottish and she’s grumpy too.

Where does she hail from? I lived in Kirriemuir but, for most of my life, I lived in the South of England.

Welcome from me too.You don’t have to be mad to post here but it helps.

1 Like

She from a place called Cranhill, a suburb in Glasgow but she’s lived in Manchester since she was 4 years old.

Can somebody tell me how I reply to people, I’ve tried clicking the little black reply arrow on the person’s post I wanted to reply to but my comment just gets added to the end of the thread. I’m I missing something obvious?

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Don’t ask me! I gave up asking questions a fair while ago :icon_wink:

@Mad-Ralph
To get the attention of the person you are replying to add @ and a list of names on the thread will come up , click on their name and it will make them a where you are posting a reply .

Hope ive made that clear . @Mad-Ralph

1 Like

@Eliza Thank you, I get it now. :sunglasses::clap::clap::clap:

You learn fast @Mad-Ralph

1 Like

Welcome from the other side of the pond! Hopefully you’ll be comfortable lounging here very soon. :grin:

1 Like

hi mate I’m just checking this place out to see how it compares to restless.

2 Likes