Hello, my lovelies

Have you been greeted in this way, do you think it strange or do not mind. Happened now a few times.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only ever seen this on forums or maybe YouTube. I canā€™t recall it ever being said in person.

A woman at work said this as she breezed into the staff room. She also called people ā€œhunā€ (short for honey). Just the way she was, I didnā€™t mindā€¦:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah, people from zummerzet and Cornwall talk like that !
I fink itā€™s nice!! :grin::grin:

Building Society and checkout operators, not people I know. Do not mind just unsure how to react.

Just smile and say hello, really, I suppose.

I thought it was only welsh people who greeted you with ā€˜Hello my loveliesā€™.

I know itā€™s used a lot on this forum but l hate the word, ā€˜Folksā€™ā€¦
Sorry folks, please forgive me for my utterance!! :laughing:

I cringe if anyone calls me, ā€˜Hunā€™ or ā€˜Honeyā€™!

Why did you tell us that?? Dā€™oh.

1 Like

I dont mind being called anything at all as long as its polite.
I tend to call most male youths sunshine,i have never had a horrible response as of yet anyway.

I used to like to be calledā€¦from the builders vansā€¦

Come on darling you can do itā€¦as I was struggling going up a hill joggingā€¦there used to be a queue at the traffic lightsā€¦so funny,:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

I think itā€™s a Facebook sort of thing, isnā€™t it?

Iā€™ve never heard anyone say it in real life but they say it all the time in my Facebook groups

Iā€™m not offended to be referred to as love or lovely by the ladiesā€¦ itā€™s about context surely.
One of the girls in my local convenience shop greets me in the vernacular.

Perhaps I should report her for committing a hate crime :wink:

1 Like

Yes, yes you should.

She should be adressing you as Mr Chilliboot, no more, no less. :smiley:

1 Like

Quiteā€¦ but then I might lose my special cut price bargains and I have no intention of going there!

1 Like

Ahh ok, yes of course :+1:

Meant to addā€¦for some reason, my local shop always cut price the fresh fish for me. They can call me anything they like if they do that! :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a few names. One that stuck for he we my physics lecturer - Ging. Obvious innitā€¦

This thread reminds me of Charlie Drakeā€™s catchphrase ā€¦ ā€˜Hello, My Darlingsā€™!!

1 Like

No? Can you explain this pleaseā€¦Iā€™m not physics minded, so I donā€™t get these kind of jokesā€¦ :017:

You have a local shop that sells fresh fish?
Lucky Pixie!

1 Like

[quote=ā€œPixieKnuckles, post:18, topic:93936ā€]
No? Can you explain this pleaseā€¦Iā€™m not physics minded, so I donā€™t get these kind of jokes[/quote]

It isnā€™t actually related to physics. The physics guy probably found it easier to bine a nickname rather than our formal surnames. So I was Ging on account of my ginger hair.

1 Like