Have you peaked in terms of your creativity & contribution

Having spent most of my working life in the wood trade, making things in my spare time was a natural thing to do, usually dolls houses , toy garages etc. Made easier by being able to ‘Borrow’ plenty of offcuts from work. Sadly now retired and having to buy material makes it an expensive hobby.

3 Likes

Thanks :smiley: Mrs mart is still as creative as ever but mine is mostly all images that were done a while ago.

People pay top prices for handcrafted wood items you know. A wooden dolls house up here sold for quite a few hundred pounds at Christmas (pre lockdown) Two levels, all handcrafted furniture, a front that could open and close. It was gorgeous. Also bird boxes…they are really popular too. I fyou chose to sell some, it would more than pay for any materials. Just sayin :wink:

Creativity can not be controlled, it just happens, sad times for folks who experience the “Thick End” of it.

1 Like

The last garage I made with A simple wind up lift for mini cars onto the flat roof.

7 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing! :+1:

As Pixieknuckles wrote, people would pay good money for something like that if you were willing to part with it.

Thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

Thank you. I made several types. This one was for a 4 year old who loved to play with small cars.

1 Like

This was an open fronted dolls house. It was raffled by a charity and made nearly £300 . I often wonder how it looked when furnished.

7 Likes

These are wonderful, Tezza! So much detail…How long do they take you to make?

Wise words.

Let’s hope it’s temporary, like writer’s block.

To be honest I’ve never really worked out the time to complete a project. I usually just do a bit here and there when time allows and eventually somehow they get done. :man_shrugging:t2: :+1:

My boys would have loved those they loved cars .

This 90 year old lady is still creating and it’s beautiful

3 Likes

Oh I love this Maree! :smiley:

1 Like

I wish she’d come and paint mine! How pretty it is

2 Likes

Oh that is so beautiful. She must have such a steady hand to be able to paint in such intricate detail, I’m really impressed!

I hope I’ll never lose my creativity. I don’t honestly know what I’d do with myself if I didn’t have so many craft and sewing things I love to do. That’s why the prospect of retirement never daunted me - I couldn’t wait to have all that time to craft! I’ve always felt sorry for people who dread retirement because they have no hobbies or interests outside of work. I find that hard to imagine.

3 Likes

I sincerely hope not. I would like to think I’m just getting started.

1 Like

Meanwhile, this 80 year old is having fun with his camera.

1 Like

D00d…this guy, wow…he is so passionate. I’m going to subscribe to him, I love his style of teaching! Thanks for sharing :+1:

1 Like

While I am still in possession and control of my own mind, my creativity will always be with me. I have the same philosophy that Stephen Hawking had and so long as he had his own mind, achieved much.

1 Like