Have you peaked in terms of your creativity & contribution

or do you have more to offer?

I didn’t do it in the first place!

1 Like

I’m sure you’ve made massive contributions in your lifetime Beso.

Question is … are you out to grass or are you making a comeback?

That’s very kind of you!
Yes, I have made significant contributions but not in a creativity field. My contributions has been in the electrical theory and practical fields. Still do.

2 Likes

Good grief - I hope my creativity hasn’t peaked - I have three commissions to fulfill - 2 x Cards, 1 x Jewellery!!

4 Likes

Go for it Tabs. There’s nothing like a proper hobby.

3 Likes

I’ve still got my half finished novel to complete. But seeing as I started it over 25 years ago I would need to update a lot of it.

3 Likes

Errr no, I hope not! I have lots of ideas and hope to execute every one of them before I shuffle off. Whether they will be well received, is another matter, but hey…one can try.! I do wish the world wan’t so youth focused though…I find that once people are over 40, its like “next please”.

3 Likes

I came so far for beauty
I left so much behind
My patience and my family
My masterpiece unsigned

Leonard Cohen

That’s what he called it: masterpiece unsigned

2 Likes

I know what you mean, but ignore them, they mean well,.

I hope I’ll always be creative, not sure about contributions! I can’t wait to retire and have more time for my projects. I’m going to buy a glass fusing kiln and build a wildlife garden for starters

5 Likes

yes I think ive peaked.Dont think ive anymore to give .

I like to think we all contribute in our own way (even if it’s just a smile or a kind word) and that everyone is creative. But maybe that’s not what you meant in the OP.

If you meant contribute to the annual GDP of the country, meh. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

That sounds like fun!

1 Like

I know how he feels, but, he missed something, we all do. :biking_man:

1 Like

Well, you’ve got to have a plan! You’re very creative, I don’t see why that has to change as we get older

3 Likes

I’ve not let age change my creative output. In fact since retiring I’ve had more time to do creative things.

I’ve built planters, decking a potting table and repurposed the bottom of the garden

I’ve also repainted the whole of the outside of the house.

And a good fried of mine has been going at me to restart my drawing, which I’m going to when weather prevents me doing anything outside.

As has been said previously, we can all contribute, be it answering a question on here, being there for someone to talk to and so on.

So I guess I hope I still contribute and am using my creativity. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Good man. :grin:

I think that maybe I peaked in 1982.

That doesn’t mean that I haven’t contributed since, or that the older I become the nearer to the scrap heap I get.
It just means that my contributions are more considered and have the weight of greater experience and longer learning behind them.

4 Likes

My best is yet to come :grin:

5 Likes