Have you organised your Christmas dinner yet?

You know you’re going to have to share pictures of your mince pies! Yum! My absolute favourite. I actually took a pic of the last mince pie that I ate last Christmas :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Now you’ve got me thinking what will I do?

Yes I will when i make some.

1 Like

I was thinking Christmas Day is not quite just another day for me as there is far more tripe on TV to wade through in the vain hope of finding something you haven’t seen many times before.
For dinner I will be having exactly what I am having now, I missed a good Christmas dinner but not as much as a Shepherds pie or fish and chips.

1 Like

Just bought the Christmas turkey a frozen 7.5 kg self basting but I still put bacon over it and a lot of margarine.
Also got a 5.5 kg one to cook now portion it up and put in the freezer for Sunday dinners.

Well, there’s this version by The Beatles (not some cheesy impostors :wink: )

Remastered, which is a bit of a shame.

1 Like

Hey DooD

Share your version then?

Looked at my Christmas cake this morning, it’s looking good.it looks sunk in the middle but that happens sometimes but it will be alright.

The Christmas puds I put some sherry in them to stop them going mouldy.

1 Like

That looks yummy :drooling_face:

1 Like

Thank you @Minx

1 Like

I forgot to say I’ve got my frozen cranberries 4x400g packs. Like to make a sauce with them to go with the Christmas pudding and the chocolate gateaux and with whipped cream.

Yesterday made the pigs in blankets and put them in the freezer. I’ll brown them on the day.

1 Like

Today made the first mince pies 4 dozen to eat now.

3 Likes

They look delicious! If you need any help with…erm…“testing”, y’know…I think I’m free anytime between now and Christmas :joy:

1 Like

Thank you, I might take you up on that, can’t eat all of them. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m offering my services as a taster ! Yummy!

2 Likes

being poor, hope to be able to dip a crust in a cup of oxo

3 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
I don’t have to do anything, sorted here, going to Daughter & Partner’s. He does everything, preparing, cooking etc. Daughter helps him, like me she does not cook. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I will pay for whatever meat we have, probably beef, none of us are turkey fans.

1 Like

Usually have Roast Lamb…I had been looking out for New Zealand Lamb hitting the shops for ages now.
Low and behold we found in our nearest Super U a freezer full…bought one and it was about 18 euros compared to a French leg of lamb would be approx 30 euros.
Low and behold in our local Lidls, another shop with NZ lamb in,so bought another one…bigger as well. We had that Yesterday Roasted and today another lamb dinner out of it Lamb Casserole…Same thing will happen at Xmas time, as just the two of us…

1 Like

Not thought about Christmas Dinner yet…I do like duck so maybe we’ll have that. Or…I might have a look at some vegetarian Christmas dinner recipes for a change, that might be nice :+1:

2 Likes