Have you organised your Christmas dinner yet?

In light of the threats of shortages, have you done anything about organising your Christmas dinner yet?
Whether it’s guaranteeing a turkey to filling your freezer or (like me) booking your dinner out, have you made any preparations - and if you have does it have anything to do with these threats of shortages?

Me?
This will be the first year since my teens that I’ve not made my own Cristmas dinner because I’ve just booked at a place we use regularly.
It didn’t have anything to do with the threats of shortages, we just decided as a family (yes mother-in-law as well) to have a change for once and to take it easy rather than have the usual sometimes-frantic round of shopping, cooking, and cleaning-up.

It’s going to be odd compared to our usual and I’m not sure whether I will like it very much or not, but one thing is for sure and that is that I’ve never organised my Christmas dinner so early in the year ever before.
So what about you?
Have you done anything at all about organising your Christmas dinner yet?

1 Like

I think I’ve got dessert sorted thanks to you! Need a trail run and some guinea pigs first though!

1 Like

We enjoy Turkey here in uk for xmas diner but guinea pig sound interesting :grin:

2 Likes

No, it’s a saying!

what I meant was I need ‘testers’ also known as guinea pigs to try out my dessert!

:rofl:

1 Like

guess I’ll have to cancel those guinea pigs in the morning then :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not certain how they taste but I wouldn’t chance it :slightly_smiling_face:

My son always comes to me and stays overnight, ready for the Christmas meal, only a few more months and it will be Christmas,:open_mouth::open_mouth:…some on YouTube are starting to put their decorations up.:open_mouth:

1 Like

I’ve just finished making the Christmas puddings and the cake I did last February and soaking in a bit of sherry.
Waiting for the turkey’s to come in, in Tesco have to wait and see what size they are.they might be smaller. Got the bacon and sausages in the freezer ready for the stuffing and sausages in blankets.

1 Like

Ooh you can’t beat a good homemade Christmas pud & Christmas cake.
:yum:
Before I moved here I was cooking twelve Christmas cakes every year just for friends and family.
:107:

2 Likes

I cook frangipani and mincemeat Christmas pies as well as scones for friends at Christmas time, I’m gonna be very busy soon.:joy:

2 Likes

Christmas pies are a real weakness of mine and even as a young boy I ate far, far too many.
:blush:

2 Likes

guinea pig

Hmmm … turkey sounds more like it, more Christmassy somehow.

2 Likes

Yip Christmas would not be Christmas without turkey for me anyway although I had venison on boxing day last year and that was awesome

2 Likes

Hey DooD

Just for that comment, you get this

1 Like

It’s the same here! Turkey! No Guinea pig are harmed - I promise

2 Likes

haaaa haAaaa

1 Like

Thats one of my favourite songs ever :heart:

1 Like

Not sure about trying to beat the shortages. Filling the freezer is tempting but if our energy is cut, it will go to waste.
If all else fails I still have a large pot of brandy-toft - which is seriously yummy.

3 Likes

Same here! :003:

I’m liking the sound of your brandy-toft backup plan.
:023:

1 Like