Have you organised your Christmas dinner yet?

This Christmas Day we shall be dining out for the first time since V’s mom died. SiL and V decided yesterday that we would all go to their local Indian restaurant for lunch. That will make a change for us as we haven’t eaten out for at least 2½-3 years.

4 Likes

Indian would suit me fine for Christmas day given half a chance, but Mrs Z can’t eat it.
:sob:

1 Like

Apparently the one we’re going to has a choice of menus that includes roast beef + trimmings as well as Indian cuisine.

2 Likes

We have been invited out for Christmas lunch so I don’t have anything to organise!

2 Likes

There’s nowhere close enough for going to a Christmas dinner that does that here, or at least certainly nowhere I would trust to havea Christmas dinner.

1 Like

As vegetarian Humanist I don’t really have ‘Christmas dinner’ but a lunch of something tasty like goats cheese tarts and salads.

My family now have their Christmas dinner on Christmas eve, with 5 young children getting up early to open presents and to eat chocolate cooking lunch was a thankless task .
They have a cold buffet in the afternoon/evening on Christmas day and I usually go up for that but not last year due to Covid .

1 Like

Errr…no? When is Christmas? I’ll think about dinner come December. Having said that…I have eaten a mince pie in the last week :astonished:

2 Likes

No! I’m going to get a turkey and wing it.
Get it? Wing it? :grimacing:Bad huh!:face_with_hand_over_mouth:
We might stray away from traditional since we are on the eastern coast. I’d like to try something new. I’m really looking forward to this Christmas a lot. It will be celebrated with good friends.

3 Likes

Ooh now you’ve gone and done it.
You mentioned mince pies!
My achilles heel.
:rofl:

As long as it’s what you enjoy, that’s what counts and I can respect your choices.
:hugs:

2 Likes

OMG, someone who thinks like me! I adore mince pies and make my own sometimes, when I get the notion.

2 Likes

As a youngster we got a wish for every mince pie eaten in silence.
I was always years ahead in terms of wishes.
:rofl:
Home-made or shop-bought, lattice-topped or extra-deep-filled I adore mince pies.
:yum:

1 Like

We’ll organise in December as usual. It won’t worry us if traditional Christmas foods aren’t available. We’ll get them if they are but if not, we’ll be just as happy with everyday food items.

2 Likes

I don’t blame you.
:023:
I remember last Christmas seeing more “pigs in blankets” in the run-up to Christmas than people could ever eat, it was crazy and just showed how wasteful we (or rather maybe the supermarkets) have become in our quest to celebrate.

2 Likes

You can be so cruel. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Hey DooD!

What did I do now :roll_eyes:

Dodgy version of Hey Jude :018:

Ok then, what’s your favourite version?

:026:

Apologies to the OP

If there is a way to connect “Hey Jude” to Christmas Dinner" than all is well. :joy: I’ll just get my popcorn!

1 Like

Na na na nananana, nannana, nananananannnaaa etc.

1 Like

I make my own mince pies but start to make them in December to eat before Christmas and then I do some special ones with glac’e cherries for Christmas.

1 Like