Have you got a TV?

I’m not entirely sure what that is. I do have a projector TV in the large long living room, but I do not know what technology that is.

1 Like

I have an aging Sony Bravia, served me well over the years. I don’t bother watching much TV these days.

pong

Happy days! :wink:

I wanted to know regarding 3D TV Technology if any of you had purchased one.

Here’s the article I’ve found about its failure

I wonder what she’s thinking?

1 Like

That he’s cheating and she’s packing a pocket Derringer?

1 Like

I’m missing Coronation Street for this!

2 Likes

Time to take the scissors to his pastel hued crimplene safari suits…ouch!

A woman scorned!

1 Like

That’s the third time you’ve beat me and I think you are cheating…But I don’t know how…Yet!

1 Like

Hmm…not the adult games I thought he meant…

1 Like

:open_mouth:

Is that a gun in your pocket, or or you just pleased to see me :grin::+1:

I am not saying our TV is old but I undestand some have colour now :roll_eyes:.They are even experimenting with prouducing smell to go with the pictures. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

It would appear that he’s already pulled his out :gun:

1 Like

We’ve always had a TV and a licence. We have one 4k smart TV in the living room. Bought it to watch 4k movies and terrestrial TV. It’s connected to WiFi to watch YouTube and Amazon prime video programs but only that one.

I’ve a couple of LG Smart TVs. but they’re not connected to the internet, just an aerial in the loft.
Does that mean they’re unsmart?
I do watch too much telly because I enjoy it, but I don’t have any of the paid packages.

1 Like

Same here Helen. I also have an LG TV and like yours it’s not connected to the internet.
You are correct, anything connect to the internet is classed as ‘smart’ so I guess we’ve got dumb TV’s…
:thinking:

1 Like

Us too.We went to buy one as advertised but they had sold out but offered us a smart TV(but not very) for the same price.We’ve never connected it to see how dumb it is.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m happy going online on this laptop, and just watch the telly on terrestrial TV Mr Smith.
:tv:

1 Like

ive got 3 smart tv , all connected to internet

When my daughter had solar panels put on the roof they disconnected the TV aerial temporarily, it has never been reconnected because everything they watch comes over the internet.

Apart from the evening news, the current affairs program that follows and Utopia there is absolutely nothing on free to air TV that I watch and those programs I do watch are available on the ABC’s iView or even Youtube (if you can put up with the interminable ads)

Free to air TV (and the licence fee) has had its day.

My grandkids get all their televisual entertainment from their iPads, they only use the big TV for playing games.