Have you ever thought about what you want on your headstone?

Many years ago I did think about this. When I was deep into my alcoholism and highly depressed. I often thought about dying and came up with this epithet.
Brett, died of a broken heart.
What would I like now? Think I will go for cremation and have ashes sprinkled on the wind.

1 Like

Born 1947
Died 2047

1 Like

You want to live to reach 100 years. Plenty of years left for you to enjoy. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As long as I can enjoy them :grinning:

1 Like

I suppose it depends who you think might read it …

I’ll just go for …
She came.
She saw.
Was conquered.

Seriously. Not bothered. You live on in people’s memories or you don’t and leave no trace behind. Even Mozart only merited a pauper’s grave. Sad old world isn’t it.

1 Like

“I told you I was ill”

1 Like

Yes, here one moment, gone the next. It is rather sad.

1 Like

To be honest I don’t think I care whether or not I have a headstone. I’d rather have a tree planted over my grave. A magnolia perhaps, to give people something of beauty to look at in the darkest days of the year.

2 Likes

I saw a nice one in Bath Cathedral which said “He was the best of fathers”

Personally I don’t care what they write as I shall be dead, anyway I have tod my kids - cremation only, no service, no flowers, have a big wake. What they do with the ashes is up to them.

1 Like

Haven’t ever thought about it. Not planning to start thinking about it at the moment.

1 Like

I’m behind you…:ghost:

2 Likes

How’s about. . . I have you surrounded. :wink:

4 Likes

we have a memory forrest up on the moors near us where we have walked for so many years, a tree will be planted there with my ashes

2 Likes

She tried her best…or maybe I’ll do it tomorrow

1 Like

“Stop eyeballing me and sling yer Hook”

2 Likes

Beneath this sod lies another

1 Like
1 Like

I am definitely leaving via the big chimney so no headstone, but I have plenty of grandchildren, so will be remembered for ages as the whacky musician with a wicked sense of humour always up for a laugh :clown_face:

Wonderful way to be remembered by family and friends for many years. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sod off,i`m having a lie in.

1 Like