Have you ever been gifted something

That was very expensive?

A family member of mine was gifted a £8,000 watch…

Yes - some of my grandmother’s silver ware - high enough in monetary value - but beyond price in sentimental value. Taken by some low life burglar - may his hands rot and fall off!

I had this from my late cousins estate. She knew how much I liked Clarice Cliffe.
ccliff10001
ccliff10002

Not worth a lot as it’s 1930’s & the older pieces fetch more, it also has a crack in the handle of the sauce boat sadly, but my dear cousin did use it. It’s in my china cabinet.

1 Like

I also have a lot of my Grandmother & Mothers jewelry. Some gold, some silver, but most is costume.

1 Like

Tiff, I thought Clarice Cliff, was worth a fortune?

1 Like

Only via wills.

1 Like

[quote=“SilverTabby, post:2, topic:89494, full:true”]

Yes - some of my grandmother’s silver ware - high enough in monetary value - but beyond price in sentimental value. Taken by some low life burglar -

Sorry to hear this,ST…

1 Like

My mother was left a bungalow, in a lady’s will. she was her housekeeper.

2 Likes

It depends Pauline if it’s very early in Clarices career, don’t think my piece is, also it isn’t perfect, so probably not worth a lot. Clarice died in 1972 later than I thought.

1 Like

Property is a good legacy to leave someone.
I was left a house that I rented out and that started me off as a landlord. 40+yrs later and I have a good family portfolio of properties all tenanted :+1:

2 Likes

Excellent,LD,:+1::+1:

2 Likes

My SIL died at the end of last year. We were very close. Her adult daughters kept all the gold jewellery (there was loads which was passed down from her mother) which they plan to sell after choosing one item each to keep. They sorted out some other jewellery for me …. Some pearls, an unusual long necklace, a big turquoise pendant set in silver and a lovely chunky silver bracelet with big semi precious stones. I haven’t taken it off since I got it.

I have been left some sentimental items in a Will but someone has stolen them so I will never get them.The Police have been involved but they say they can do nothing as it is a civil matter. I am heartbroken.

2 Likes

Yes in a will and inheritance and that is all I am going to say

3 Likes

When my Mother passed away, after falling off a trolley at the hospital, she had 200 pounds which was left to me.

That coincided with the cost of the memorial stone for her grave.

That stayed with me, for all the years since, and I have been determined to make sure that it doesn’t happen to me & mine.

Still hurts - that was my Mum’s life!

Have I ever been gifted something.?.yes,
common sense from both My Parents and Grandparents,
Which I in turn have passed onto My Children & Grandchildren.
Whether They use it wisely…well…time will tell.

3 Likes

Very wise - I only mentioned my Grandmother’s silver because it had already be stolen - years ago - but I still hope his hands rot and fall off! I have inherited other things but - like you - would prefer not to discuss them on an open forum - you never now who’s looking in!

There are too many personal questions being asked lately for my liking. :slightly_frowning_face:

7 Likes

If people don’t know your full name nor your actual address it shouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

My mom and I had a special bond with jewelry. In her later years, she would ask me what I thought of a ring or earrings, knowing it would be passed to me when she died.

Here are a few of the more expensive pieces, and the set of pearls her hubby gave her once a long time ago. She gave these to me several years before she passed. I also have several sets of earrings set in several gemstones, but these are the ones I look at and rarely wear. They do remind me of her…

I am not partial to the pave’ pieces, I prefer a single stone, but she liked glitz and glamour.

2 Likes

Aye,ye’r right Mags…You should all mind Yer ain damned business,
:laughing: