Have you ever been gifted something

I love those rings,RN, also the pearl necklace, I have a beautiful pair of cultured pearl earrings.:heartpulse:

1 Like

, I must post a picture of their watch…to me, it just looks like an ordinary watch…I think they said it was between £7,000 and £8,000 …when they asked me how much I thought it was worth,I said £800…that would worry me, wearing something that expensive on my wrist…in today’s society…I can only advise, their choice to wear it…

1 Like

Hackers? Scammers? Cybercriminals? I would not risk it Tiffany.

1 Like

It could happen anywhere you go on the internet then ST. not just on this forum. I guess you don’t just come in here.

1 Like

True - I belong to five fora - but I do not discuss valuables on any of them. Don’t want to give Burglar Bill any ideas!! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

I can understand your reluctance Tabby, as you have been burgled before.

For me, what I may or may not have is personal anyway.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for sharing what gifts you received, when I left my dear elderly lady, who had to go into care ,as her dementia got worse, …her daughter gave me a large amount of money, for always looking out for her and keeping her home immaculate and a ornament to remember her by,:heartpulse::heartpulse:

It’s lovely to share for some.:heartpulse:

1 Like

Yes I have to agree.

1 Like

I think it’s lovely to share,Tiff, life would be boring if we all kept everything to ourself, different strokes for different folks…:+1::+1:

2 Likes

Some of us agree with you, Mags. :+1:

I thought the thread about how we handle our money, and did we earn a good income particularly intrusive. Let alone the one asking about our toilet habits recently!! :astonished:

2 Likes

It can be easier than you think to trace someone on the internet, especially if they put a up a picture of themselves.
Or, a great many scammers rely on you to give them the final details such as name and address or banking details after they have ‘marked’ you and wheedled their way into your confidence.
It’s not really sensible to brag online how much you are worth.

2 Likes

A fully restored 1965 Layland Leopard. Sadly, the cost of keeping it somewhere safe was expensive, so I had to sell it on. :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

I also have a 1968 valve transceiver that a friend gave me, when he had to downsize his shack. And he also gave me his old Avo meter :smiley: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Avo meters are old WD multi meters & still one of the best analogue meters you can buy.

2 Likes

Wow!!..I bet that Leyland leopard was worth a tidy sum,Gee.

I haven’t a clue what an Avo meter is, or an analogue meter.:open_mouth::open_mouth:

The Leopard was worth a few pennies yes. It was a few years ago & I still had school aged daughters. So the money was handy. But had it been now, the cost of storing it would not have been such an issue. So I would have kept it.

An Avo meter is the image above. It is a multi meter & used by electricians etc, to measures a number of things & analogue means it has a needle & not a digital read out.

1 Like

You could have converted that Leyland,…?..into a motorised home.rented it out for holidays.some people love that sort of thing.

It was restored, converting it to a motorised holiday home would have damaged it’s originality & lowered it’s value. Plus very few car drivers are capable of driving something that size (10 meters plus,) safely. They have enough problems with something the size of a car.

Also very very few car drivers know how to double declutch, let alone are capable of doing it.

Another issue is tail swing. I spent a few years driving the old Layland Nationals on narrow city streets & 11 foot plus hanging out behind your back wheel & swinging into other lanes when you turn, needs a competent driver, especially when turning right from a filter lane.

1 Like

It is lovely you took the time and have the patience to care for the elderly, Pauline. I have also taken watch over several older ladies, and the “feel good” memories last forever.

As for sharing gifts, if anyone, scammer, thief, or scoundrel wants to trace where I live, and burgle me, the upside is that I won’t have to pay my extra home insurance on all of the jewelry. :wink:

1 Like

Awww thanks,RN…such a lovely post,:heartpulse:

1 Like

I wasn’t bragging, I was asked a question & I answered it.
I don’t do banking on the net.

1 Like

@Tiffany …calm down, I didn’t specifically say you were I was talking in general terms about internet safety.

1 Like