Have you been everywhere?

I was fascinated to read this article about these two women who had visited every country in the world.

Personally I have never been to the Americas at all and I am not even close to visiting every country in Asia but I have visited most countries in Europe.

What an adventure they must have had. Oh, to be young again.

Nah don’t matter where you been, it matters where you are going and how much memory you have left. :icon_wink:

I am lucky in that have been to many countries in the world .
I would still like to visit Peru and Patagonia but somehow I don’t think I will now .
Travel has become more difficult and less exciting .

I have been everywhere within a 15 mile radius of where I reside, this may become important, further down the line. :smiley:

I too have been to countries I never thought Sue and I would get to see, albeit mostly on cruises. Hard to pick out one better than the other but what some rave over I didn’t think much of .

Some folks may have been to Timbuktu but don’t know what’s down the next street. :icon_wink:

I don’t want to go to Chelsea.

Never been abroad, unless the Isle of Wight counts…?

If you need your mind broadening, got to Norfolk!!!

not outside of UK, and I also found disapointment at places that was high on my list to visit .One being Torquay and the other Paignton , both discribed on the 70s Holiday programmes with Judith Charmers as English Riveria… Both Dumps compared to other places Ive visited in UK.

1 Like

One would have to assume on this basis that there are many international dumps, with the added risk of “Delhi Belly”.

Rubbish I have never had Delhi Belli .

That’s because you are so stoic.

Oh wow, well done to them, that’s really something :astonished:

I haven’t been to very many places

Scotland, Ireland, the Greek Islands, Tenerife, France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Belgium, that’s about it

My brother keeps urging me to travel before I get too old! :older_woman:

I’d quite like to see Japan, New York and Venice :japanese_castle::statue_of_liberty::spaghetti:

But I love this country and being home and really I’m quite content to potter around here with friends and family, seeing interesting and beautiful places. I still maintain there’s no more beautiful place than Tintagel on earth!

I have been quite of places, mostly on business. Some of them were long trips. One was eight months in the Republic of China where I met my first wife. By way of contrast my wife and I tied the knot at Gretna Green over the Blacksmiths Anvil.

I know that travel experience well. I reckon I’ve been to more than 25 countries and mostly on business. Some long stints of a few months. But also short trips - once all the way to Australia but only stayed 3 days, a mere 2 days in Mexico and a in & out within 23 hours in Los Angeles.

Yes, some good trips, not some not so good, and a few quite interesting. In Turkey there was an event in November where the cattle were slaughtered on the streets. Not for the squamish.

There is too much to see and do in my lovely UK to be bothered about going abroad.

I’m sure there is but, in my case, international travel was part of my job. It also allowed me to see some places that I wouldn’t not have. The Sahara Desert for example.

1 Like

I’ve traveled a lot but not everywhere.
Not been aboard since the start of the pandemic.