Have you been everywhere?

Much the same.

One exciting but scary trip was in Egypt. Getting to Abu Simbel from where our cruise ship was docked. this meant quite a long road trip . As the Lebonese had previously attacked single coaches we went in a convoy of about 20 coaches each with an armed guard for our protection.

the road with another coach in the photo

You’d have been terrified on the bus between Iran and Afghanistan then. There is a stretch of 20 or 30 km of no man’s land where bandits rob vehicles on the road between the two countries.

The rickety bus I was on hurtled along as fast as it would go, I think I was more scared of the bus falling apart than bandits but I was young enough to think I was immortal in those days but I was glad to arrive at the Afghan border and customs post.

1 Like

The thread title made this song pop into my head - enjoy! :slight_smile:

the place that still had an “atmosphere” about it was Alcatraz. As soon as you go into the wings with the cells makes you shiver thinking about being interned there

gun gallery at far end

view from prisoner exercise area

Estonia Rakever Castle and church

St. Catherine Palace, Tsarskoe Selo, St. Petersburg

Cayman Islands in Caribbean

Iguazu Falls from Brazil side

Great wall in China

@realspeed I think you must be the most Travelled, is there anywhere you would like to go that you not visited before ?

Little Mermaid Statue in Copenhagen Denmark

Traditional dress in South Korea (dance troupe)

MT FUgi and Castle in Japan

cloud covering top unfortunately

not forgetting Fareo Isle and Iceland

Lava flow on Mt Etna Italy

Sicilian tradional dress photo in a Sicilain courtyard

Germany
wall between Eastr and west - Checkpoint Charlie

Pompeii

Eliza asks

realspeed I think you must be the most Travelled, is there anywhere you would like to go that you not visited before ?

yes your place for dinner and afters. :rofl: Sorry but you asked for it.

No seriously I would love to go to Australia as I have a cousin over there. Worst place on my bucket list is India and that region of the world, curry makes me throw up. also been to Spain -Tunisia - Greek islands and most of the countries around the med… No wsh to go the France but been to Brittany and watched local farmers spread human waste on the fields after emptying from households

overhere been to Northern island and Scotland but not Wales yet