Have any favorite crafting or art Youtubers?

I was recently reminded of some of my favorite crafting Youtubers. I’ve watched a lot of Baylee Jae, Jazza, appleminte, Sea Lemon, frugalcrafter, K Werner Designs, Jennifer McGuire, Kattvalk and lots of others over the years.

Do you have any favorite crafting or art Youtubers that you like?

2 Likes

I like ‘Posh Paper Lady’ - she seems to be able make amazing things from half of nothing at ll She often mentions a shop named ‘Dollar Tree’ which sounds a bit like UK ‘Poundland’.

I also like Christina Griffiths - she is a designer of beautiful dies.

1 Like

Oooh Sea Lemon!! She is good with the bookbinding lessons. As is Nik the Booksmith (no ads), I like her too. Aisla Burke does fun paintings for cheap (as in use what you have on hand), Coco Bee Art, Peur Fleur does a mixture of painting and crafts, Willowing…oh I could list hundreds depending on mood! :joy:
Edited to say that I enjoy a few scrapbooking creators as well, and spent a lot of money shortly before moving house, on scrapbooking pads of paper. Needless to say I didn’t use them in the preceding weeks to moving, so gave them away. Kind of regret that now.

1 Like

Thanks ST, I’ll check those out.

I don’t know what Poundland is like but Dollar Tree is supposed to have items selling for a dollar. They don’t. Not much you can get for a dollar these days so the items are generally more than a dollar and they’re generally poor quality, but knowing that, there can be some good finds there.

2 Likes

Our Pounshop used to be “everything costs a pound” but clearly with the cost of living, everything is not a pound any more, and is usually a few pounds, or £1.99. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Ooh, love PearFleur! Went to go check her out. Saw a beautiful monochrome watercolor.

I’m hoping to use this thread to share some videos of our faves.

1 Like

Nice! I like her bags. I can tell you’ve tried her stuff.

Have you ever tried origami (Japanese paper folding)? That’s fun too. I once made 1000 paper cranes for a wedding. It’s supposed to be good luck.

Christina Griffiths. I see the butterflies!

I love card-making too. I do mostly stamping and less die-cutting except for a couple individual hand dies.

1 Like

Yes - love it!

1 Like

Fun? :astonished: I once bought a 500 sheet pad of origami paper, thinking this was going to be my wonderful new project. Err…nope. I ended up with 275 sheets of crumpled paper before chucking it all in the bin. I was hopeless at it. I couldn’t crease a straight line if I was paid to. :frowning_face:

I also tried quilling because I really love the 3D-ness of those papers. Another nope. :joy:

2 Likes

Maybe you were doing something too advanced? If you can fold a piece of paper in half using the other edge of the paper as a guide to where to fold, you can do origami, or at least the simple stuff. If you’re trying to fold a piece of paper in thirds, eyeballing it, that’s advanced stuff.

2 Likes

Well, I was trying to make a box so I reckon it was a little advanced for a beginner. Even though I measured and folded, it was still “off” so I had to re-fold, which made it look silly. (I didn’t practice with ordinary paper, which I realise I should have) I had an idea to make open boxes which could be stacked up on top of each other so I could display little things (think Apothecary). I know, I know…too much too soon :joy:

Depends on the box. Here’s a webpage of origami boxes with the level of complexity from easy to advanced.

https://origami.guide/instructions/origami-boxes/

Here are some easier ones, but notice that the one box in the middle that says easy-intermediate looks like a fairly straightforward box. What looks simple may not be easy to duplicate in folding.

1 Like

Thanks for this :+1: …I have bookmarked it for when I’m next in the paper folding mood. I have some scrapbooking paper in the cupboard, I could use that up (after some practice of course!).

1 Like

:+1: I should add that paper cranes are much easier too because when you add the extra complexity of adding weight to something, it makes it that much harder. The cranes could be made with thin paper and didn’t have to be done perfectly because breaking under weight wasn’t an issue.

1 Like

Another person who does brilliant ‘Master Class Tutorials’ is Sara Davies from Crafters Companion. Have met her a couple of times at Craft Fairs and she is really friendly and very helpful - unlike a few others I could mention!

1 Like

A boxmaker! That doesn’t look easy, and you need the boxmaker tool that she has, but those boxes look professional. She definitely sounds like a pro.

I think this might be the gadget she used.

https://www.amazon.com/The-Ultimate-Crafters-Companion-Pro/dp/B0040303Z0/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2283QE2SM7INU&keywords=ultimate+crafter's+companion+box+maker&qid=1654711330&sprefix=ultimate+crafter's+companion+box+maker%2Caps%2C186&sr=8-2

She owns ‘Crafter’s Companion’ company. That box - The Ultimate Pro - is amazing and very useful for many projects. Sara also developed the ‘Gemini’ range of die cutting machines and designs some beautiful dies. She does master classes on YouTube for all areas of crafting - and has also recently been on the TV programme ‘Dragon’s Den’.

1 Like

Haven’t been watching too many craft videos lately so was pleased to see this one from one of my favorite rubber stampers on pop-up cards. So cute!

it depends on what you mean by crafting. some of the hand skills seen from Indian women having to improvise with what is available is …stuck for a word … inspiring?
the men do some work but the hard physical effort comes from the women. iron fighting is one instance. i will try and find what I mean.

I found what I was trying to explain. this video is typical of how the men put their women to work. Ive seen them a good 5 or 6 month pregnant and still working the lump hammer.