Hatti girl is not well...update

Hoping you do get good news Merz, thoughts and hugs with both Hatti and you…xx

Thank you all for your wishes and support, you are all so kind. Louise (Vet) has faxed referral letter and history off to Liverpool this morning, so hopefully won’t be too long before they ring me to arrange an appointment.

Anniem, I won’t be fobbed off by anyone:-) Any decisions I have to make will be made in the best interest of Hatti. Don’t know anyone at Liverpool, but results will be faxed back to Louise first and I trust her implicitly and will be guided by her.

Have now got appointment to take the Hatti girl to Liverpool Hospital-it’s 12 noon on Wednesday and have to leave her overnight :frowning: Was dreading having to drive into Liverpool, but they have now moved the small animal hospital to Neston-straight down M6 then M56 - that certainly makes it less stressful for me :slight_smile: Am just pleased its soon rather than later.

That’s good news; being worried about her is stressful enough, glad the drive will be one less thing to dread.

That was quick getting an appointment, Merz.
I’m pleased you don’t have to drive into Liverpool now, how far away is Neston from you? Is there any chance you can get a friend to travel with you, especially as you have to leave Hatti there overnight? It would be good for you to have company on the journey back.

I sincerely hope all goes well on Wednesday and some diagnosis can be made so that Hatti can start to recover. I’ll be thinking of you both…

Will be thinking of Hatti and you on Wednesday…xx

It is good news Eileen. I’m not that confident driving into cities/towns especially those that I don’t know!

Didn’t expect it to be so soon Mags. Neston is about an hour’s drive away, so not too far. My friend is very kindly coming with me Mags-she knows I’ll be a jibbering wreck when I have to walk out without Hatti, and she’s also coming with me on Thursday to pick her up. :slight_smile: Thank you both for your wishes…

So pleased you will have company, Merz …

Thank you Moli. I know she’ll be well looked after, but will be a long day and night without her…

My Mother had a Cairn that went to Liverpool and they were very good.Also Robbie my West Highland had cataracts removed in Hereford and he was great after, so Phoebe and I are wishing you all the best for weds. Glad you have someone to come home with. Annie.

Thank you Annie and Phoebe. Have heard very good reports about them, so she’ll be in safe hands.

Hope it goes well on Wednesday Merz, the appointment came through really quick. Its good that you have got a friend to go with you as well and it will seem very strange going home without her but at least its only one night.

Thank you Marian. Will be strange that night-just hope it’s not a cold night as she is my ‘big hot water bottle’:slight_smile:

You’ll have to take two hot water bottles to bed that night, Merz :smiley:

Merz, I’m like you, in that I don’t like to drive outside my comfort zone, especially to places I’ve not been before and that’s why I’m so glad that you will have somebody with you on Wednesday.

It will be hard for you to leave Hatti but, before you drive back, if you’ll take some advice, go for a nice cup of tea or coffee to calm yourself before you hit the road again.

Fingers and toes crossed for your lass.

:lol: plus my bedsocks and not forgetting my nightcap Mags!:slight_smile:

Oh yes, don’t forget the nightcap … it keeps the heat in! :lol:

Thank you Mollie. Don’t mind how far I drive, so long as I know where I’m going! My friend is very good, we help each other with our pets. Will definitely be finding somewhere to have a coffee before driving back-my friend will insist she needs one:-)

Glad Hatti-girl’s got her appointment Merz, that is good news and you have sorted out your route and a friend to go with you. I know how you feel, I’ve had to do this with mine, once for a whole week. She will be taken great care of and be in excellent hands. Try not to worry too much, Hatti-girl will be home again before you know it.

Thank you Maryl. Yes, got all my paperwork, route and friend sorted out:-) That must have been hard for you-a whole week, and I’m fretting about one night! By the time I get back and sorted myself out, the time will soon pass…