Happy St Andrew's Day

Haha! May, I think most folk did!

Its not like its a holiday anyway…the schools were off but that’s all.

I used to love St Andrews day I was a member of the St Andrews society ( curtesy of a very distant Scottish forebearer ) we used to go to the St Andrews Ball and have a great time .

1 Like

Sounds like fun!

Big Tam up there is a member of the William Wallace Society, and he goes round schools to chat to the
primary school kids about historical stuff - as he says “the correct version, not the Braveheart version” :joy:

1 Like

In both versions William Wallace comes to a horrible end .

1 Like

Ah yer slippin up May, I thought you’d be the first one out waving yer flag, shame on you… but I still love ya. :smiley: :heart:

2 Likes

Och I know Jem…mea culpa…I’m glad You still love Me anyway,as I do You,
:wink:

Interesting that Mel Gibson is about 5 56 ft. Wallace was 6 ft 7 ft tall. You’d think the directors might have selected a more appropriate actor.

1 Like

Hate to say this @Besoeker, but he WAS the director :joy:

1 Like

Hmm…How many well known popular /successful/charismatic Actors who are 6ft 7ins do You know?

1 Like

It was a load of BS…But entertaining BS nevertheless :grinning:

1 Like

St. Andrew’s Day, celebrated on November 30 each year, is considered a national holiday in Scotland and across Europe. Known as the patron saint of Scotland, Romania, Greece, and many more European countries, St. Andrew was an apostle who not only introduced his brother, Peter, to Jesus but also helped Scottish King Oengus I win a crucial battle against Northumberland, securing Scotland’s safety. St. Andrew died a martyr and was crucified on a saltire, or an “X” shaped cross, in Greece in 60 AD.

Oh dear…

Yes, I know. Still not the best choice IMHO.

2 Likes

Heh heh,thanks for the history lesson Lass
:grinning:

1 Like

I agree, May…nice music too.

I met a William Wallace once when i was wee and lived up North. He wasn’t Scottish though, lived in Corby. His wife was lovely as well.

May the truth is out there… :017:

Er, no he didn’t, as he’d been dead for around 800 years.

2 Likes

It sure is…but…there are usually different versions of it…Depends where You’re coming from,
:wink:

1 Like

But not even close. Clint Eastwood be closer. And several others.

1 Like

Ok,so do You think Clint would have developed a better Scots accent than Mel…(which was atrocious)…but…never mind.

1 Like