Hangin ya pantihoses up in the garden!

Recently watched our local Gardening Australia show and they had a segment about the use of pantihoses in the garden?

first one was to support ya guava fruits which can get quite heavy and break the branch - so wackin ya guava fruit into ya pantihose is a sure way of protecting them from damage and also prevents the rats from gnawing away at them!

and putting in ya jackfruit into a pantihose ensures that the possums don’t get nibblin away at it!

moving onto the Antlantic butterfly pea whose seeds when ready burst out of their pods and spread all over the place - so placing a pantihose around the stem will collect all bursting seeds!

and finally the cranum lilly plant - a large plant but with a delicate fluttering stem can be a sprayed to prevent caterpillar attack but it’s difficult to spray the stems well - so pulling a pantihose over the stem stops those little blighters from nibbling away at it!

that’s all for now possums till next gardening australia!

Love this thread. I will have to remember those tips if I see a possum amongst the blossom.:wink:

or a roo covered in poo? or an ostrich doin cross stitch? or a croc with a wok?

So … the bottom line is that wandering around an Aussies garden is like strolling around a lingerie shop.

yes and all in black apparently - sheer nice ? - I just wondered where the bloody male presenter keeps getting his pantihoses from - ac/dc I’d say?

I would love some pics of this.:mrgreen:

the mind pics are better - in the garden they don’t look much - would have been better in purple or lime green!

Oooh I do like pantihosiery talk, decidedly medieval titillation, frilly petticoats, corsets and girdles. But I’m not much of a gardener.

Funny word, what’s wrong with tights?
Much quicker to type :smiley:

Hosiery images in the garden
Hosiery images after the garden
Try not to get too excited

:043: I was laughing so hard after enlarging the first one I’ll have to calm down before looking at the rest.

Very useful things.

I’ve only heard of tights or stockings being used to substitute a fanbelt in a car when it snaps or hold the exhaust pipe up. (do the newer cars even have fanbelts?)

I don’t understand why anyone would want to hang their onions from the ceiling. Is there some gardening or culinary logic there?

I used to hang herbs and bunches of nettles from my beams to dry Annie … something similar?

I have to hold my hand up and say I do dry my onions in tights, hanging from the ceiling of the garage :blush:

:mrgreen::lol:

That’s a tried and trusted one isn’t it … stops them going soft as onions can be awkward little blighters.
They keep better and if you tie a little knot inbetween each onion you can just cut off the bottom one when you need one.

Yes but that’s appealing in a kind of Jane Austen “rural bliss” way, but onions suspended in tights are not so romantic maybe?

But, but, but… why would you dry your onions? What does this produce other than a husk that was once an edible onion?

Can’t you just stick em in the fridge though? Maybe I just don’t know my onions! :slight_smile:

Me neither … I’m no expert. Why aren’t spuds and carrots hung up too then?

It’s a conundrum … the same as should you eat sprouted potatoes?