Hangin ya pantihoses up in the garden!

So they don’t go all soggy. They need to be kept dry to keep from rotting. The panty hose idea for after gardening is a great one. You can cut an onion down one at a time and it’s stops the onions from touching each other. You can hang them in the kitchen , basement or pantry .

oh ok I guess I have never experienced a soggy onion!

You should definitely eat sprouted potatoes. I’m sure the potato Francis drake bought over was sprouting a fair bit.

ladies ladies - please ya gettin too excitable about pantihoses - it’s for us to get excited about - but seriously folks the original idea DID come from an OZ gardening show and it was to take the strain with some heavy vegies bending the vines and stop the rats and possums eating the vegies - that’s all - know cool down ladies or I’ll have to get me hosepipe out - OMG Morticia has just fainted!! - can some one give her a kiss - OF LIFE! please!

Gumbud, I think we ladies (and perhaps some laddies) have fainted seeing that first picture Bratti posted! A defibrilator may be required.

It did give me palpitations Annie. :101:

oh you lot have just got over-fertilized minds!!:shock:

well ya can feel my palpitations anytime ya like Mort?

When they are pulled from the ground they are soft and will rot if they aren’t dried. The brown skin needs to form

I don’t know what research gumbud’s done on lady’s foundation garments :-p but pantyhose/pantihose/pantihoses is not an English English word. Hosiery is an old English word for legwear. Nylon stockings, invented in the '30s, were called nylon stockings, shortened to “nylons”. Later came sheer tights, shortened to “tights”.

Wikipedia informs us …

In American English, the term “tights” typically refers to pantyhose-like garments made from thicker material.

Whereas in England tights are thin, “leggings” being the thinker version. :wink:

Scary isn’t it. :lol:

thank you bookworm - you can get back to your camera now - the term pantyhose was taken directly as stated on an aussie gardening show [currrent] - I was simply following journalistic rigor? Ok duddly?

… just thought you’d be interested. Now you want photographic evidence! :surprised:

You two made me laugh.:mrgreen:

I wish we had a photo of the look on a man’s face the first time he saw a woman in “pantyhose” having been used to a lifetime of stockings…I’ll bet he was delighted!

Ah I see, I have never managed to grow an onion. Apparently this can be done from a sliced onion and I may try that next year.

I wonder if the combination of footwear and onions gave someone the inspiration for cheese and onion crisps…

No no! Men don’t like tights, they love stockings and suspenders… apparently! :smiley:

Oh! Maybe you were joking! :blush:

I was thinking that the man’s face must have been a classic look of bewilderment coupled with polite & diplomatic interest given that he’d only be seeing the tights if he were at a certain stage in the relationship… :slight_smile:

Do you remember opaques? I bet men loved those too. I wonder how many of those disappeared into the greenhouse.

I remember struggling to keep my seams straight.

A bloody nightmare wasn’t it. :cry: