Hands Up! Who Likes Bakewell Tarts?

Went out with a Bakewell Tart, didn’t hang around when I found out she was in the Pudding Club.:slight_smile:

Yes, l did scrape it off. This was the second batch of the mixture I had made two days before and kept in the fridge. I had filled three pastry bases with Caramelised Red Onion when l realised.
Last night, l did eat one of the tarts and l could sense a slight oniony tang. It did put me off a bit.
I have had another now with a cup of tea and that was fine.

summer, I might start a new trend but l wouldn’t eat them! Oniony sponge? No Thanks! :slight_smile:

Oooh, Omah. I couldn’t eat goats cheese. I’d heave! :lol:

Spitty, You love your little jokes! Was she a Brownie?

So, Spotted Dick meets Bakewell Tart and ends up with a pudding.

Hmm. Shame you weren’t a Fairy Cake.

No worse than a dumpling, though! Or a meat suet pudding.

I often have a French Fancy.:slight_smile:

What about a Viennese Finger?

Why not, followed by a Muffin of course!

I love Bakewell Tarts and my own are better than Kipling’s though look similar.
The middle layer is ground almonds mixed with almond essence. I always ice the top.

I don’t like Bakewell Tarts - I bloody love them! Yummy Yummy Yummy!

I don’t like those Bakewell Puddings, though - I understand the recipe was derived from a mistake made by a cook’s Assistant and a mistake is what it tastes like … as Morecambe & Wise might say, it has all the right ingredients but in the wrong order! … Yuk!

I echo that sentiment entirely, a whole box of Mr Kipling’s is even better!

The only problem is that I can no longer eat them due to having to avoid Type 2 Diabetes. Blood sugar levels on 11 05 2017 were sky high so I changed my lifestyle completely. Since then no added sugar and no crisps, biscuits, sweets, cakes, buns or sausage rolls and I definitely do not eat a whole box of Bakewell Tarts, not even a single one these days. :frowning:

Fortunately though I do have a good memory even if I no longer have a sweet tooth! :slight_smile:

I used to go out with one many years ago! lol swapped her for a Welsh Rare bit lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol: Trust you to twist my very innocent words!

Mags, Don’t encourage him! :lol:
He will be on about ‘Tarts’ next! :lol:

Don’t put words in his mouth, Art! :lol:

I like Mr Kiplings treacle tarts with custard on! (and they’re nut free!)

Oooh Susan, :slight_smile: l don’t think l would like that. Aren’t they very sweet?
Have you tried ice cream with the Treacle Tarts?