Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 1)

isn’t that a gymnist who survives on miso only?

Y’know,when I die,all I ask is a small plaque saying “He was humble to the end”.

…on my statue.

how about “he had an 'umble and rare end”?

we had a cousin once who was called A pocra Phil - don’t know why they called him that but he did keep turning up when he wasn’t wanted!

I went to see the house where the inventor of the toothbrush was born.
I knew I’d got the right house,by the plaque on the wall…

You never know, that wish my become Statute.

A country Yokel came into some cash, so had a Country Pile built, his main stipulation being a Statue in every room, so replicas of the Thinker, Venus de Milo, Christ the Redeemer etc, were placed strategically in every room. The great reveal was carried out by the designer, to which the yokel said “where are my Statues?, those things that go ring ring, and I say hello this is me, Statue”,

Some days I yearn for the appearance of a complete sentence.

I agree, most sentences seem to be suspended.

Nice one Paul, I had no idea how this comment would go.

Yes, life is like that, I don’t need a Personal Trainer, I need a Personal Risk Assessor, one trip can change the Ball Game.

:lol::lol: I love that one!

I had a country pile once, very painful, I think I picked it up while sitting on damp rocks in the Kerry mountains, I had it removed by laser, the rocks are still there though, piles of 'em.

It’s reckoned that a Laser can project a pin head size beam on the MOON , bet you given the curvature of the Earth, you were no more than 25 miles from the Hospital, otherwise you would have had to stand on a chair or similar.

Did I ever mention uncle Vivian’s sojourn in OZ? It was a long time ago & I only know what he related to me in his twilight years. He brightened up the “Twilight Rest Home” where his son Eustace billeted him when he became incontinent in his nineties. The thought of spending the rest of his days in that horrid place caused him to devise a method of controlling his micturate so well that he returned to the family home in quite a short time. Not before Vivian had drawn up an illegal “Crown & Anchor” board , too successful in fact. The other residents, eager to liven up their bland days became over excited & developed Vivian’s former problem.
The investigation concerning the disappearance of matron’s store of rubber bands from her desk rang the death knell of Vivians harmless enterprise.
But I digress, uncle Vivian spent a few weeks in Victoria & met up with his cousin Ned Kelly in the later part of May 1880 . How was he to know of his half Irish cousin’s notoriety, at the time believing a bushranger to be a type of park keeper? . Ned was already a wanted man & after exchanging pleasantries with uncle Vivian made clear his opposition to anyone who might be part of the Anglo-Australian ruling class, headed for Glenrowan. Vivian heard that he was jailed & eventually hanged in November 1880.
Vivian had a narrow escape & vowed never to return to that dark continent.

Well actually I was done privately, the boss paid for it as I couldn’t do me work properly sitting on the low hard stools we use at the workbench, you can imagine the pain and discomfort when moving, sheer agony.
I was placed on a special chair, sort of like a dentists chair but with much more features, straps and gizmo’s, it was a prototype then and it was on trail with the Harley St. Doctor where I had it done, that’s the bosses Doctor not mine, he called it his miracle chair, for example if the sun wasn’t shining outside you could put Margaret Thatcher in a position on it so that her arse could be beamed all over London to make it a lovely sunny day, so the Doctor told me, he wasn’t a fan of hers I gathered, he said she had her own built in Sun at her rear and was very aware of it.:wink:

everything seems to be going down the plug hole at the moment - by the way which way around does the water swirl when existing the washbasin - left to right or visa versa and is this the same for the northern and southern hemispheres?

I just checked mine Gumbud and it goes clockwise. I heard that if you are on the equator in just goes straight down with no turns either way.

that’s the trouble with the equator - there’s just no way to turn

definitely anti-clockwise here so we are equators apart

I once met a girl at the equator
We stood and defied time for a while
But after standing for six hours
We found there was no way to turn

I tried turning left but forces were against me
Tried turning right but same thing
So we had to stare into each others eyes for an eon
And with watering eyes it lost its zing!

Can a question Stand?