Group of cabinet ministers will tell PM to go

Well, there has to be some reason she married him…:joy: I can’t think of anything else!

2 Likes

The rules apparently will change.
On Monday the new 1922 committee will change the rules.

2 Likes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/

Who is in the group telling the PM to resign?

We’re hearing lots of talk of a group of ministers in Downing Street, who are going to tell Boris Johnson to resign.

They include:

Nadhim Zahawi, who was appointed Chancellor yesterday by Boris Johnson

Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis (who is currently held up by airport delays in Belfast)

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps

Welsh Secretary Simon Hart

There are reports of two separate groups, with one made up of loyalists. Certainly we saw Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries go into No 10 earlier, and we haven’t heard that she has withdrawn her support.

International Trade Secretary Anne-Marie Trevelyan has also been spotted going into No 10, although it is not clear which group she could be part of.

Priti Patel, the Home Secretary, was earlier spotted arriving at Downing Street by a side entrance. Again it’s not clear which group she is part of.

A-ha … maybe BJ has the support of his ladies … :wink:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/

Bullish Johnson has been holding weekly audience with the Queen

In the last few minutes, Boris Johnson has been holding his “entirely normal, weekly audience with the Queen” by telephone.

The PM has also been speaking to ministers who would want him to go, but others who want to see him stay. We know two groups are currently in Downing St.

PM reportedly seeing ministers one by one

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has been seen leaving 10 Downing Street in a large black car. He said nothing to the media.

Boris Johnson refuses to quit

We’re hearing that the PM has refused to quit despite calls from several key cabinet colleagues. He is insisting that he wants to continue to focus on the “hugely important issues facing the country”.

Another reshuffle could be in the offing … :roll_eyes:

It’s a drawn-out departure for BJ, then … :069:

1 Like

Fifth of parliamentary party turns against PM

Based on the latest figures, 21% of the Conservatives’ 358 MPs - 75 of them - have now switched from supportive or neutral to opposed to the PM’s leadership since yesterday, the BBC’s Political Research Unit has calculated.

Boris Johnson won last month’s confidence vote among Tory MPs - by 211 to 148. But some of these switchers may have voted against him in that anonymous ballot, so they can’t just be added to the 148.

Who Cinders? Ernie the plumber…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Surprised? Not really…he’s an oaf. A blustering oaf.

2 Likes

And brown envelopes have changed hands…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Et tu Brute’…

1 Like

He’ll be dug in like an Alabama tick.

I believe the SOB is totally deranged. His actions are now more than ever irrational.

He is blase and arranging new stuff for next week with his “new chancellor” Was this the same new chancellor who just got the job and yet told Boris to resign?

I’m confused now :017:

And now BJ has sacked Michael Gove after the latter went to see him to tell him to go.

I do honestly now think he is mentally unhinged. God help us all.

2 Likes

Where is Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him…

1 Like

D’you reckon Carrie has threatened to leave him if he resigns and take him for every penny he’s got?

1 Like

I believe he’s doing a Trump and gone into denial

2 Likes

Someone mentioned Boris has a terminal case of ‘hubris syndrome’ and He actually believes He can rule without
a Government…The Man obviously needs help…who’s giving Him that help?

What’s more worrying, is this fiasco has left the country very vulnerable. What a great opportunity for Putin, or some other despot to take advantage of this flimsy situation whilst the government is in meltdown.