Group of cabinet ministers will tell PM to go

A group of cabinet ministers are about to tell the PM to resign, including the chief whip, the BBC understands.

Welsh Secretary Simon Hart is one of them. He made it clear to No 10 yesterday that it was “game over” but it shouldn’t have to come by ministerial resignations.

The Transport Secretary Grant Shapps is also part of the delegation.

NI Secretary Brandon Lewis among delegation to PM

2 Likes

Are you getting a little over-excited, Omah?
How many threads on the same topic do we need? :rofl:

1 Like

You may think that they’re all the same topic but I have a different perspective … :wink:

… and, AFAIK, I am abiding by site standards and procedures.

If you have any complaints then please take the matter to the administrator.

2 Likes

He’s absolutely convinced that his duty is to stay and “get on with the job”

3 Likes

It’s a bit late in the day for developing a sense of duty. What’s next, is he going to grasp the concept of following rules? Where on Earth will it end? :thinking:

3 Likes

Nadhim Zahawi, who only yesterday accepted the role of chancellor after Rishi Sunak resigned, is among the delegation that is set to tell Boris Johnson to resign, the BBC understands.

How quickly the worm turns … :grinning:

3 Likes

Everyone is in it for themselves. While this may be a very unusual day, I still don’t have any faith in any “leader” that may be appointed. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

It is, indeed, a very unusual day … and not over yet … :open_mouth:

No change in the rules by the 1922 Committee to call another vote of no confidence…

1 Like

So, unless he’s shoved, he’s got a breathing-space … until the next scandal … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think he’ll be shoved…he practically has no cabinet left, and the ones who are left - what can they do. The man has no honour, no integrity :frowning_face:

He has already been asked to go by David Davis. What part does he not understand.

2 Likes

Had the Parliamentary channel on all afternoon (change from Wimbledon!) And today’s shenanigans reminded me SO MUCH of the time Ernie (plumber) was working in the downstairs cloakroom and I was cooking in the kitchen.
He had his radio on…all of a sudden he shouted, “Kettle on Mrs R, she’s gone!!!”
Thatcher had just been driven off from No.10. What a day to remember!

6 Likes

The last two resigned, maybe he will be the third.

Ah,I remember it well…I wonder will BOJO breakdown and
sob like Maggie,
:thinking:

No but Carrie might! :grin:

1 Like

Don’t all ex PM’s get a knighthood? So she’ll be Lady Carrie…that’ll please her :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Nothing surer,wonder if She’s started peeling off the wallpaper. :wink:

2 Likes

The thought of that is exactly what’s been sticking in my craw throughout all this :angry:

2 Likes