Greetings from the East coast of the USA

Greetings all, I’m Alex, a newbie. I am retired and hail from east coast of the USA. I look forward to interacting with everyone.

7 Likes

Hello Raven :slightly_smiling_face: a warm welcome to Over50sChat ……

3 Likes

Hello Raven and Welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi, Raven. If you slide your finger down the coast and around the Florida peninsula, you will find me, but you will find that the amazing people here from far-flung beautiful places. Welcome!

3 Likes

Oh yes many of us have been far flung, it all depends on how you land and what or who you land on . Here in the UK we gave that sport up, now we prefer wellies wanging. That seeing how far one can throw wellie boot. It is quite understandable USA citizens would rather go far flinging because they have the American dream . Different here in the UK because we are awake. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the madness

3 Likes

Greetings Ms.Surfermom, Florida, the home of my favorite vacationing destination, Key West, love it. Thank you very much, my pleasure.

1 Like

Greetings realspeed, and thank you, my pleasure.

1 Like

Greetings Ms. Mags, Thank you,my pleasure…

2 Likes

Greetings Ms. AliceInWonderLand, Thank you, my pleasure.

1 Like

Ok Gals he is mine …to chat to of course!
Welcome from Moi…Dianne who escaped from London…

3 Likes

Hallo Raven,
Welcome to the forum!
Just jump in and enjoy :+1:

3 Likes

haha jump in… :thinking: he is not a Jack in Box!
so sorry, have one of newly baked shortcake a la cartes…just choose one ok…

almonds with honey then Choc 'O La…

5 Likes

H1 raven1 and welcome. I note that you are retired so I’d be interest to know what you used to do ? I’m retired too. In my case it was electrical engineering.

3 Likes

Greetings Ms DianneWoollie, Thank you very much, the pleasure is mine.

2 Likes

Greetings Besoeker, Thank you very much. Spent 50 years in the transportation industry.

1 Like

Thank you kindly for that. Fifty years is quite a measure! I did some transport industry related engineering. One of the projects I found interesting - it was for the Orient Express from France to Italy.

4 Likes

My pleasure sir.

1 Like

Greetings Chilliboot, thank you very much, my pleasure.

1 Like

Husband was a HGV 1 Lorry Driver for many years but his skills now show he should have been a Carpenter…
He made friends with a Chicken Producer who had an interesting business so was into anything to do with keeping Chickens…From teaching courses to builds for their Pens and Enclosures…The Shop was busterling with allsorts…He needed help…reliable and able so he took my retired Husband on for a few days each week…
One example is enough right now…
chicken pensThat was one Pen and Enclosure they Built for a Local Special School…Turned out an ongoing job as well…

Hope you Enjoy Your Stay…

3 Likes

Oh, you did too? :grinning:

2 Likes