Greetings and salutations, from sunny Ecuador!

Hello, dear reader, my name is Jack and I’m originally from the USA but I have recently relocated to Ecuador. Currently, I’m living in beautiful Cuenca and the weather is beautiful here. I’d long dreamt of living somewhere different and I finally took the steps to make that dream come true.

I’m looking forward to getting to know as many of you that are willing and I’ve greatly enjoyed some of your postings already. You truly seem like a fun bunch and I hope that I’ll find a good fit amongst you here.

That’s really all I can think of to tell you, for now. If you’d like to say hello, please do. I thank you all, in advance, for the fun that I hope we soon will be sharing.

Cheers,
Jack aka ‘Fizz’

:grin:

4 Likes

Hiya Fizz and welcome to this friendly forum :+1::point_right::wave:

Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks so much! :wave:

1 Like

Thank you, Muddy! I feel welcome here!

:raising_hand_man:

Hello there, Ecuador, how interesting! I’m new here myself and everyone has been very friendly.
Looking forward to chatting with you

:+1::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Welcome to OFF. Glad you’re here. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Fizz,

Welcome to OFC. Enjoy your time here!

You can’t compete with Africa. :039:

3 Likes

Come on boy & girls … Oh yes he can!!! :wink::point_right::grin::+1:

1 Like

Hiya Fizz from the cold, wild and woolly wastes of Staffordshire in the UK.

2 Likes

Errrr…. Nope :-1:

A typical Spring day in Africa :kissing:

2 Likes

Hi Fizz! Welcome from me, the grumpy Scotsman.

2 Likes

The kindness from all of you certainly goes a long way to make me feel welcome!

:blush:

3 Likes

Hello Fizz :slight_smile: Welcome to OFC :smiley:

1 Like

That looks quite nice! Africa is a place that I hope to visit, one day as well as Europe. I’ve spent time in Asia and I’ve visited Australia as well but being retired and free of most of my possessions now, I’m free to roam the world, as I choose. There are a lot of places to explore, here in South America too and I think that may keep me busy for a while. Most days I just feel happy to wake up anywhere! I’m lucky to be pursuing my dreams. You seem lucky too! How warm is that water? It looks very inviting for a swim!

3 Likes

Well, I’m pleased that you stumbled into the Over 50’s forum!
Out of interest, what brought you to Ecuador?

Edit. I note you are retired and you want to travel. I travelled quite a lot, mostly on business but also some quite interesting places too. As Minx rightly says SA is one of them. A few places you might like are Morocco, Turkey, Taiwan, Malaysia, and Scotland!

2 Likes

Thank you! It is lovely swimming in this weather. The water’s a warm 22 degrees Celsius. Feels heavenly! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello Fizz, a warm welcome to our forum… :smiley:

2 Likes

@ Fizz aka jack. Nice to meet you, great to hear you have cast your shackles
off, let us know how you progress in Ecuador with some pictures if
possible ??
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::+1:

3 Likes

Hi Fizz and welcome to OFC. :039:

2 Likes