GRAVE DIGGER Massive false widow spider ‘with SKULL on its back’ found in horrified family’s bathroom

It works the opposite around here! I’m the one showing myself the door whilst screaming like a banshee ! :069:

1 Like

:100:

Relative being the operative word

2 Likes

I laugh because I’ve noticed an inordinate amount of people are afraid of spiders and snakes.

More than 43,000 different species of spiders are found in the world. Of these, only a small number are said to be dangerous, and less than 30 (less than one-tenth of one percent) have been responsible for human deaths.
You have a better chance of dying in an auto, but they don’t scare you.
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), an American’s lifetime odds of dying in a car crash are 1 in 107 as of 2019. I’ll take the spider odds. :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Last I checked, cars don’t have 8 hairy legs and beady lil’ eyes! They give me the hibby jibbys!!!

1 Like

Working on the beady eyes!

2 Likes

Bet it’s American :us:

:100:

1 Like

Someone could have a allergic reaction. But there is no evidence that any has ever had an allergic reaction to a spider bite. And yes arachnids are venomous, but this spider is no more dangerous than wasp or a bee.

2 Likes

Come on now the Aussie have been know to give us a run for our money when it comes to outrageous!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Yeah, Murphy and I are best friends! So, guess what…

:102:

I’m afraid of wasps and bees :honeybee: as well

1 Like

I hate that guy! :grinning:

1 Like

I find them quite annoying as well…

2 Likes

You can make a monster look beautiful Danny!

Stunning! Picture perfect!

Mosquitoes are responsible for around 1,000,000 deaths per year. Approximately 475,000 people die every year at the hand of a fellow human. Snakes kill at least 50,000 people annually. Dogs kill 25,000 people yearly. Tapeworms kill 2000 people annually.

Spiders are not even in the top 15 of man killers & some are truly deadly. The false widow is as good as harmless & is certainly no worse than a Bee or wasp sting.

2 Likes

Gee, I’ve lots of respect for you but my fear is irrational!

:hugs:

1 Like

A molt from one of my girls.

B3

And this girl is a goliath birdeater.

2 Likes

Do you want to know what I said when I saw the most poisonous snake in Colorado was?
I hope I can find one they’re pretty and would make a great photo.
Document
Coral snake btw

3 Likes

I used to have an imaginary pet spider called Osborn, I was very fond of him. Sadly one day he escaped from the imaginary terrarium he lived in, and I never didn’t see him again.

3 Likes

Let me guess. You tried to pretend, but it just wasn’t the same. :grinning: :laughing:

1 Like

Man is a much bigger danger to wildlife, than wildlife is to man.

4 Likes

Very beautiful snake!

2 Likes