Got any holidays planned?

Off to anywhere nice? :lol:

We have two weeks off in three weeks time (I’m counting, can you tell? :D)

We’re staying based at home, but will be heading out for days. Baz will want to play golf, so on those days I will meet up with friends. I’m really looking forward to the break.

Next year, we hope to “do” Florida one last time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_12.gif

We’re going to The Loire for a week middle of September. Hopefully the weather will be good and settled and we’ll take the convertible - otherwise it’s another French trip for the VW Golf.
In January, to celebrate a significant birthday, were doing a Nile Cruise and a week stay at Luxor. Looking forward to that but with a little trepidation - Egypt, hassle, bad bellies, poverty etc .

We’re off to Yorkshire next Friday. Two weeks in a cottage called Toad Hall.
With a name like that it must be nice :smiley:
I don’t know the area very well so it will be fun to explore.

Yorkshire is my favourite county in the country. Just fabulous. Enjoy - I’m sure you will :smiley:

Sounds nice guys - I wanna see full reports with pics when you get back :mrgreen:

I love Yorkshire too!

We can’t go away because it would be too unsettling for MIL (for those who don’t know OH and I care for his elderly mother with dementia). So REALLY enjoy seeing other folks’ pictures.

Im snatching a couple of days in Dorset next week. Just me and Daisy Dog. I shall take a good book and a sketch pad and go up to Hengistbury Head. Im really looking forward to it.

eta Im a carer too - but luckily my son is under an Outreach team who will step in if anything occurs while Im away. Last year they took him into hospital so I could go away but the policy`s changed.

We’re off to South Devon tomorrow - love the place and have been visiting every year for the last 30 years.

Went to Croatia in June and we have already booked 2 weeks in Disney, Orlando with the grandchildren for August 2010.

Have a nice time Mags!

…an don’t forget we want a full report with pictures :lol:

I’ve just come back from 3 weeks in Denmark to see my much elderly mother and old friends…

Why didn’t you tell me, we could have met for coffee :frowning:

We are having a 3 night break in Eperlecques nr Calais in October, can’t wait - Planning another trip to France for next year probably go back to Pitou Charentes area…may be

I don’t have anything planned at the moment. Satan my old boy didn’t like people, so it was always hard to holiday with him, we couldn’t put him in kennels either for the same reason. He left us in April, so I think it’s now time to book somewhere nice :slight_smile: Not sure where yet though x

We are going to Kings Meaburn a small village just below Penrith Cumbria in October as it is near the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales which are our two favourite places in England so it’s like a double whammy for us as both are within 1/2 hours drive… Pictures will follow…
Sue;-)

Booking Holiday

Looking on line for holidays see one in Spain for ten nights H/B £438 but my wife Trish want to go for seven nights which cost £498 at same Hotel why are women such hard work: Went to the same hotel last year have wonderful time. Round One the battle go’s on!!!

Hello Michael, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
Go on, let your wife have her way :lol:

No holiday for away for us … every day is a holiday when you are retired.:wink:

Michael :slight_smile: 7 days may be enough time away for your wife .
It certainly is for me, I like to get home and wash everything . Perhaps its a ‘woman thing’ :smiley:

My husband is this minute busy building our latest campervan hoping to have it ready for September then we will be off for weekends and have a two week break in October too. We will be away for one of the weeks probably heading down to cornwall or devon if we can find some wild camping areas.

I was planning to spend some long weekends with Miss Pei Face exploring the Ukraine but unless the political situation changes have decided to give it a miss. I think we’ll either head in the opposite direction and go to the Czech Republic or maybe spend some time in the parts of Hungary I’ve not yet seen.