Good Morning Wednesday 22/12

Hope the medication works Meg, and wishing you and the famil a Happy Christmas time.

1 Like

Your day sounds like mine bar I have work this afternoon. Have a good Wednesday

@zuludog What hobby do you think it will be today? have a good day

@Twink55 Hope your sister op goes well have a good Wednesday my friend

@Tedc Hope you have a good day and someone somewhere brings it on for you, LOL

1 Like

A very belated good morning/week to all! :slightly_smiling_face:

I have spent a week in bed unable to move a painful right arm with Tendonitis and also unable to walk due to my right leg giving out which has resulted in a painful back now. Other than rattling with pain killers I am ok folks! :grin:

I hope everyone else here is as well as can be expected.

Iā€™m not feeling at all Christmassy, unable to see any of my family again this Christmas and Iā€™m running out of years! :worried:

Please stay safe everyone, donā€™t take risks this year, remember you can still pick up the virus and spread it to others.

x

2 Likes

Afternoon, still waiting on the new modem, first day of retirement so far spent helping with housework, enjoy, oh it was a spectacular morning sky for the Alf walk earlier.

KAZZ
A change of plan!

Iā€™ve just got home from my morningā€™s errands, and Iā€™ve decided that this afternoon Iā€™ll do my final shopping before Christmas; I have most things anyway, and itā€™s cold enough that fresh fruit & veg will keep till then
So that will leave whole days completely free for hobbies

My hobbies are - making model planes, the plastic kits; leatherwork; and making knives
Plus I have 4 or 5 unread books in store at the moment
Iā€™ve had a couple of part made knives hanging around for ages, and I really must finish those before I start anything else

Knife making is a bit unusual, so let me elaborate - some people grind & forge their own blades, but you have to be keen to do that, as well as having a proper workshop
I buy in ready made blades from suppliers, then fit my own handles and make the sheaths
Search YouTube for ā€˜making knife handlesā€™, there are loads of videos
Most people use power tools, but I work in my spare room, and use hand tools
Although this supplier is Finnish, Iā€™ve used them before, and it shows the sort of things available. Iā€™ve used British suppliers as well, but this website is the easiest to follow
Webshop for knife enthusiasts and knife makers (brisa.fi)

Mags,

Sorry that you are having such a tough time.

I donā€™t know if wishes actually work, but I wish you a happy Christmas and hope that you are better for the New Year.

Chin up!

:gift_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you! I am sure she will be ok & she is getting smoked salmon & scrambled eggs for her evening meal so that will make her smile!

1 Like

Here here. :+1:
Well said, Ted.
Thinking of you, Mags. x

2 Likes

Sorry to hear of your many travails @Mags , sending (((hugs))) :blush:

1 Like

((((HUGS)))) & sympathy for Mags. :cry:

1 Like

Sending get well wishes to @Mags, and anyone else who needs them.

1 Like

Poor you Mags! I always think that, as we get older, pain is something we get as an early Christmas presentā€¦ thanks to all the extra work.
I hope a nice Christmas lunch & hearing from your family will be the best cure though. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

So sorry to hear you arenā€™t feeling up to much these days, Mags. Hope that the pain eases and you can smile again soon without cringing from hurt.

Merry Christmas to you, and yours. Hope you hear from your family soon. :hugs:

1 Like

Right, thatā€™s it!

Iā€™ve done all my shopping till after Christmas - anything I havenā€™t got, Iā€™ll do without

@Kazz thanks Kazz its so sad when elderly dogs start to declineā€¦
Chloe will be 14 on boxing day so to be expected.

@ Mags ā€¦Sorry to hear about your incapacities and commiserations Mags,also snap on both accounts re arm and leg . Christmas day in bed with a hot water bottle sounds like a good plan ā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you Ted :slightly_smiling_face:

I wish you a very happy Christmas and a happy New Year too! :kissing_heart:

1 Like