Good morning Tuesday 25th Jan

Good morning everyone, a slight frost here but not too,bad and chance of some sun later they say. :sunglasses:

Not a lot on my agenda today other than the usual walks, so I may cook a lasagne for lunch and clip the dog’s claws if the fancy takes me.

Hope you are all well and that you have a pleasant day :blush:

3 Likes

Good Morning Barry and all who follow.

Quite mild and a little misty here this morning.

Going shopping with a friend this morning - no doubt lunch will also be involved, then this afternoon I will be sorting out Crafty CD/DVDs - since the loss of Adobe ‘flash player’ a lot of my graphics don’t work any more so will have to go.

Take care - stay safe - have fun!

3 Likes

Good Morning all,

Work for me today, still working from home at the moment

Looking forward to supper tonight because it’s Burn’s Night and we’ve got one of these to try from M&S.

Have a great day everyone who follows

4 Likes

That looks delicious - a novel way of serving neeps, tatties, and haggis. Do let us know if it tastes as good as it looks!

3 Likes

Good Morning From the Fox… :039:
It’s too dark to see what the weather is doing, Mrs Fox says ‘it’s cold’ when she went out to do the window sills early on. A five mile walk after breakfast, hopefully with a bit of jogging chucked in. Then later a trip to Halfords to see if I can get a vee belt for my bench drill, it broke yesterday in the middle of a job. I hope I don’t have to order one online, It takes time and I don’t want to waste a day waiting in for a parcel.

1 Like

:thinking:Ah, so that’s what it is… :+1:

2 Likes

Good morning everyone…happy day to you all.:pray:

3 Likes

Morning all, just about to get up.
Looks grey and dreary outside my window. No plans for today. If I did they would get changed by management :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi

Good Morning All.

Not the best of days, just had to cancel a long waited hospital appointment because I have severe D&V overnight.

It would not be fair to risk passing it on to the NHS Staff, even if I could get out of the bathroom.

On the bright side, it is good for the diet.

1 Like

Morning all.

I used to buy tinned haggis. Wonder if it’s available any more? Enjoy your M&S meal. Looks nice.

Just the cafe meet for me today, three of us if I’m lucky, two, if not! Ok, I tried…

Wondering about my car tax renewal, which auto renews each year. Not yet had my email from the DVLA for 1st Feb, but a banner just came up on my iPad, reminding me. (I have an app for all car details.) supposing they don’t do it this year? Eeeek.

Silly me. Had the email a week ago. Ooops. OAP brain.

I thought al haggises ran wild in the fields didn’t know they were captured by using just using tins. You learn something new every day.
Good morn all , it is overcast outside and looking like rain, not my kind of weather I like. Nothing exciting happening today apart from expecting my new camcorder to arrive.
Thats is about it.

story of the 3 Gnus

It was winter time and the Gnu family had run out of food. So Daddy Gnu said he would go out and get some, after a few hours he didn’t come back. So Mummy Gnu went looking for him and she didn’t come back either. Eventually baby Gnu starved to death.
That is the end of the Gnus and now for the weather forcast

Morning everyone, still quite nippy here so fire’s on.

Only remembered yesterday that my MOT runs out tomorrow. I’d thought I had another week yet, but January seems to be running away with itself. Managed to get it booked in for Saturday, but that means I’ll be without my car for 3 days, damn! On the plus side, at least I’ve got it in before the end of the month, when my tax is due. Just gotta hope and pray that it passes now :crossed_fingers: :pray:

@Maree I did wonder what that was, assumed it was something to do with haggis - hope it’s good!
@swimfeeders poor you, hope it clears up soon.
@Jazzi glad to see I’m not alone with forgetting car stuff!

Have a good day everyone :blush:

Good morning everybody.

Last night my shower started blinking & turned off! Good thing we have a plastic plasterers bath in the garage.

Today I’ll give it a good clean & it will have to do for our ablutions until we get the shower mended or replaced. Unfortunately there was no room for a bath when we had the bathroom changed to accommodate Tony’s arthritis.

Later, we’re meeting our 8 year old grandson Josh from school & taking him to the pub for a meal where we’ll meet his mum & dad. It will mean him staying with us for 3 hours before it’s time to go. I hope he lasts out that time. I’m trying slowly to build up a relationship with him which was ruined by lockdown. Not easy with an autistic child…

Have a good day everybody…

1 Like

Morning all, dull but dry, its nice for the Alf walk not having to come back and wipe him down.
Mothing planned for today , enjoy.

Warm 27’, humid, overcast virtually all day but no rain.

Took the dog for a long walk, ordered 10 meals which didn’t arrive, sprayed the cheap Chinese Roundup on the grass in lieu of mowing.

Pleasant enough day

1 Like

Good morning everybody! Enjoy your day all :slight_smile:

My car tax is from the beginning of February, but the mot is due around the 9th. It is just how it worked when I bought the car from the dealer. They did the mot before I collected it, but of course we had to back date the tax to start at the beginning of that month.

That’s a much better way round than mine Jazzi - at least you can do your tax online as soon as the reminder arrives. I have to get the MOT done before I can do the tax because the online system just tells me I have no MOT for the date the tax is due. MOT = 26 Jan; Tax = 1 Feb. :roll_eyes:

Good morning all :slightly_smiling_face: a cold day but no frost.

Expecting a prescription delivery today which has reminded me I should make an appointment for my blood tests soon.

@swimfeeders - sorry to read you had a bad night, i hope you will feel better soon.

Have a good day……

1 Like

Hello everyone . I’m enjoying my day today as my son is coming from Weston super Mare and I’m cooking a nice lunch for us both .

1 Like